Shimano XTR CN-M9100 12-Speed Chain
Designed for Shimano's revolutionary XTR M9100 12-speed MTB groupset, the M9100 chain provides enhanced chain retention thanks to an extended portion of the inner plate. The new chain features quick-link assembly and Sil-Tec treatment for extended offroad durability.
Shimano’s ultra-low friction surface treatment superior to simple coating, Sil-Tec is an advanced plating process that improves system performance through the use of imbedded fluorine particles. SIL-TEC products run smoother and wear longer in all conditions.
HG Chain Design for HyperGlide+
HyperGlide+ dedicated chain delivers greater chain retention, improved shifting efficiency, and smoother transmission over rough terrain.
Benefits and features:
- Improved chain retention encourages more aggressive all-terrain riding and relieves chain-issue anxiety
- Smoother drivetrain transmission and enhanced shifting performance sharpens riders’ concentration and improves acceleration
- Better chain engagement cuts abrasion, reduces maintenance, and lengthens the lifespan of the chain
Revamped HG chain features an extended inner link plate that connects seamlessly with new chainring tooth shape for ultra-efficient drivetrain performance.
This design change reduces the vibrations normally caused by the inner and outer chain plates rolling onto the chainring, and provides better chain engagement, stronger retention, and smoother pedaling.
- Super narrow lightweight 12-speed Hyperglide+ chain for smooth shifts and maximum durability
- Shimano 12-speed Hyperglide+ chains have computer designed plate profiles to operate seamlessly with Shimano DCE 12-speed chainrings and cassette sprockets, resulting in 1/3 faster shift time than Hyperglide systems even under load
- Outer plate design has been developed to reduce the chance of chain suck
- Sil-Tec surface treatment technology (PTFE plating) on inner and outer links and rollers that is smooth running and increases durability
- Zinc-Alloy plated inner and outer links
- Hollow pin for added weight saving
- For use with 12-speed HG+ drivetrains
- Comes complete with Quick Link which enables fast tool free chain assembly