Updated : 21st March 2020
About this policy
- make clear what types of data we collect
- explain how and why we collect and use your personal data
- explain when and why we share your personal data with other organisations
- explains the rights and choices you have when it come to your personal data.
Data we collect
This section tells you what personal data we may collect from you when you use our website or when you order over the phone or in store.
- Billing address and delivery addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Your account login details such as your username and password
We may automatically collect the following data when you use our website
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site and your activity on the website.
When we send you promotional emails we may collect data on the emails that have been opened and links in them that you click on.
How and why we use your data
This section explains how and why we use your personal data
- To provide you with the goods or services that you want to buy, such as taking payment for your order, shipping your order, or processing a refund or return.
- To update you on the status of your order, or answer an enquiry
- To improve the content and the design of our website
- To send you offers, promotions and information about our products that we think you will be interested in, but we will only send you marketing emails if you expressly ask us to do so. When you register we will ask you if you want to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choice online, over the phone or in writing at any time.
Sharing your personal data with service providers
This section explains how and why we share personal data with our service providers
We work with carefully selected service providers, and we require them to safeguard your personal data, and they must not use it for their own marketing purposes. Examples of service providers that we use are companies that process and store technological data, process payments, deliver parcels and provide customer reviews about our service. We only share personal data that allows them to provide those services.
Security of your personal data
This section explains how we store your data and ensure that it is safe.
- We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your data is secure. Access to our buildings are restricted as necessary. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
- We store all of your data on our secure servers.
- In order to secure the collection, storage and disclosure of your personal data, we enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
- All electronic financial transactions are protected by encryption technology
- When confirming an order with you, we may reveal only the last 4 digits of your card number
Although we take organisational and technical measures to secure your data, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data sent over the internet, due to the inherent insecurity of the internet.
Your rights to request your data
You have the right to see the personal data we hold about you. If you would like to see a copy of the data then you should either email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Units 8-9, Four Marts Road, Martland Park, Wigan, WN5 0LU. We want to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date, so please let us know if any of the information is incorrect and we will amend them.
How to contact us
If you would like to know more or have any specific questions about how we collect, store and use your personal data please contact us:
- Phone 01942 707646
- Email: email@example.com
- Write to us at: Units 8-9, Four Marts Road, Martland Park, Wigan, WN5 0LU