Northwave Clan Shoes
The Clan MTB shoe uses a flat, non-SPD Michelin rubber sole and traditional lacing.
As with virtually all rubber cycling products, grip, durability and comfort come into play. Northwave's and Michelin's Gecko+ compound is the stickiest on the market and withstand prolonged use on the pedal pins and on the dirt.
The stiff yet strategically flexible sole grants excellent power transfer when pedalling, yet follows the natural motion of the foot when hiking.
The shoe is also reinforced with TPU welded panels on damage prone areas to extend the life of the shoe, no matter how hard you ride.
- The sole features the exclusive Northwave flat system that’s specially developed to deliver total control
- The co-developed MICHELIN-NW compound tread ensures unprecedented grip on the pedals
- A one of a kind, the adaptive TPU shank with openings and calibrated stiffness ensures greater control and support
- The EVA midsole provides efficient shock absorption
- Abrasion-resistant welded upper with large breathable mesh inserts
- Welded TPU reinforcements on the toe and heel for impact protection
- Mesh tongue with customized padding combines protection and breathability
- Non-stretch laces are easily stowed in the elasticated keeper