Shimano Deore RD-M6000 10-Speed Rear Derailleur
The updated Shimano Deore M6000 rear derailleur is designed for aggressive trail riding and uses Shimano Shadow RD Plus for improved chain stability and retention.
Shimano’s next generation 10-speed MTB drivetrain
Shimano presents the drivetrain technology for mountain bikes: Dyna-Sys. This revolutionary technology uses a 10-speed cassette, but that is not the only feature of this system. Highlight is a completely redesigned drivetrain that creates real added benefits for the rider.
It’s not only an extra gear… It’s about closer gear ratios for a smoother shifting performance and improved power transfer. It’s about riding optimized gear combinations that improve efficiency and durability. It’s all about performance: Dyna-Sys offers a more stable drivetrain for any type of rider!
A wider-range 11-36 Tooth 10-speed HG cassette means riders can spend more time in their Primary Driving Gear—the 32-tooth ring. Traditionally, triple-ring riders have had to get used to making two to three recovery shifts in the back every time they drop into the 22 Tooth granny. With Dyna-Sys, it’s just one recovery shift, and it’s needed less often. Shifting is smoother and faster thanks to CloseStep gear ratios—42-32-24. Getting from the 24-tooth ring back into the Primary Driving Gear—the middle ring—is easier and more intuitive. And a more manageable 42-tooth big-ring is also easier to get into, which means riders will use it more. Dyna-Sys technology makes the shifting transitions seamless, enabling riders to deliver consistent, efficient power while maintaining traction and momentum.
Combining wider gear ratios with the CloseStep chainring minimizes cadence change and pedaling loss, making power transfer more efficient.
An asymmetrical mountain bike-specific chain means smoother shifts, lighter weight, and better overall system performance. CloseStep gear ratios mean smaller jumps between gears, more efficient chain movement and a reduced chance of dropping a chain while shifting in rough conditions.
The more efficiently redesigned cable routing and shorter rear derailleur housing helps make the system less prone to contamination, trail chatter or suspension movement. The Compact Cage rear derailleur and a smaller big-ring allow for fewer chain links, which translates to a quieter, more stable transmission. The Long-Arm rear derailleur architecture increases the mechanical advantage for Advanced Light Action shifting.
Dyna-Sys CloseStep gears are based on the 32 Tooth middle chainring, helping make overall power transfer more efficient.
- The 32 Tooth is the most effective and most often used chainring in off-road riding
- Dyna-Sys Technology minimizes the variation in driving chain position relative to most bikes’ effective main pivot, reducing unwanted influence on suspension performance
Further evolution of shifting performance.
A directional mountain bike specific 10-speed HG-X chain means smoother shifts, lighter weight and greater overall performance. HG-X directional chain: Outer side is optimized for front shifting and inner side is optimized for rear shifting.
Special 10-speed Chain for MTB
- Designed for MTB riding conditions: High torque pedaling and muddy conditions
- Durable: Lightweight holes on the link plate are filled
- Mud shedding: Consistent shifting performance under muddy conditions
*HG-X chain is not compatible with other road 10-speed systems.
Shimano Shadow RD+
- Less distraction quiet drive train
- Rear derailleur stabilizer reduces chain slap
- Simple solution for chain drop
- Lighter and more efficient than roller type chain device
- Wide link Shadow design Dyna-Sys 10-speed top normal Deore rear derailleur
- Shadow Plus features a super low profile design that reduces the risk of damage from trail side hazards
- Shadow Plus uses a chain stabilising switch that when on will reduce chain bounce in rough terrain
- Direct Mount compatible Rear Derailleur system gives more space around the rear frame dropout resulting in easier rear wheel removal but also allows frame designers to shorten chain stays, increase axle sizes and move suspension pivots
- Single tension spring prevents contact with the chainstay resulting in a silent ride
- Direct cable routing prevents snagging from any trail side hazards
- Alloy and steel construction leads to lower weight without compromising strength and durability
- Wide link design increases rigidity and service life
- Top normal return spring lends to incredibly intuitive operation when combined with Rapidfire shifters
- Large 11 tooth pulleys are used for longer life
- Two fluorine-coated link bushings for low-friction operation
- Dyna-Sys HG-X 10-speed compatible only
- Compatible with 42 Tooth (medium cage) or 32-36 Tooth (long cage) low sprocket