Shimano Deore XT FD-M8000 Front Derailleur
Triple chainring 3x11 speed drivetrains have never been more refined. The Shimano Deore XT M8000 illustrates this beautifully with a Side Swing design, increased shifting power, and a sophisticated chain guide. They are offered in a variety of mounting options.
Rhythm and range, the real advantage of 11-speed is the ability to have all the range you require without sacrificing the rhythm you need.
Range Optimized Chainwheels
- Improved gear quality and driving efficiency
- Reduced cross-chain
- Effective gear steps
- Larger diameter, longer wearing cogs
Chainwheels matched with specific sprockets for:
At the range
Driving: gears are purpose matched to keep you riding efficiently without front shifting
Climbing: gears are chosen to compliment the lowest cogs and maximize seated traction
- Less front shifting thanks to optimum front gear teeth
- Rider controls cadence and energy use by rear close ratio
Dyna-Sys 11 maximizes rhythm with “rhythm step” gears in the most frequently used range.
Highly Efficient gear combination
- More speed for the same effort
- Multiple front gear (2x, 3x) maintains higher efficiency in all range
Driving efficiency is a key drivetrain performance indicator.
Front double 36-26 Tooth, Cassette sprocket 11-40 Tooth / Front single 30 Tooth, Cassette sprocket 11-40 Tooth
Side Swing Front Derailleur
Horizontal movement follows the chain direction - smooth & efficient front shifting effort
More tire clearance for larger wheels
- No linkage behind seat tube
- Freedom to reduce chainstay length
50% more powerful outward shifting (FD-M9020)
Wider chainstay angle increases traction range (FD-M9020)
Silky driving, accurate shifting HG-X11 directional chain realize more smoother shifts and greater overall performance.
Right and left sides are optimized for front and rear shifting respectively.
- Lightweight Dyna-Sys11 11-speed triple MTB derailleur for smooth gear changes
- Designed specifically with modern trail bikes in mind, Shimano XT side swing technology front derailleurs increases tyre clearance by 15mm, while new cable routing resulting in the lightest shifting action yet
- Side pull cable routing
- Reinforced light weight chain guide adds rigidity and improved response
- Wider pivot link increases torsional rigidity
- Easy access angled adjustment screws and clamp bolt
- Angled inner chain guide tail for increased tyre clearance
- Dyna-Sys11 11-speed design - for use with Dyna-Sys11 11-speed MTB drivetrains
- Specifically developed for 68 and 73mm bottom bracket shells with a 50mm chain line
- 66-69 degree chainstay to seat tube angle range
- 40 tooth outer ring compatible