MRP 2x Bashguard
The 2x is designed to work seamlessly with the new wave of 2 x 9 / 10 / 11 drivetrains being specified on many new mountain bikes. These drivetrains created new challenges to chain management with their unique gear ratios, chain lines, and impact protection requirements. The 2x solves all of these challenges. To create the 2x guide, MRP began the process of applying our range of technologies and systems to find the optimal solution for 2x drivetrains, and through collaboration with SRAM and extensive testing it was decided that the ultimate light weight solution was a chain guide sharing elements of the G2sl, LRP, and XCG products. Notable is the absence of an outer capture ring on the cranksets, relying on the front derailleur and lower pulley assembly for complete chain retention. MRP's design goals are driven by the passion to design and produce products that allow riders to just ride - not worrying about chain damage or dropping a chain.
The integrated skid protects the chainrings from impacts without the added weight of a full bash ring. The dual pulley tensioning system ensures that the chain is properly tensioned and in the right position, keeping it on the chainring in the roughest conditions. The dual pulleys also reduce drag and noise compared to other designs, ensuring a better riding experience. Finally, the raised top fin profile prevents the chain from dropping to the BB shell.
- MRP's patented skid (US Patent 7,066,856), removable for those who prioritize weight savings over protection (43g savings)
- Patent-pending dual pulley design provides precise chain engagement while reducing noise and drag
- Raised top fin profile prevents the chain from dropping to the Bottom Bracket shell
- ISCG, ISCG-05, and Bottom Bracket mounting options
- 36-38 Tooth with skid - 130g (ISCG-05 model)
- 39-42 Tooth with skid - 144g (ISCG-05 model)