Shimano XTR RT-MT900 Disc Brake Rotor
The pinnacle in mountain bike braking, Shimano XTR RT-MT900 disc brake rotors deliver superb stopping power for the most aggressive riding. The Ice Technologies Freeza rotors dissipate heat to maintain braking performance on long downhill stretches. Shimano's Center Lock mounting system makes installing and removing rotors quick and easy thanks to the spine mount and lock ring design.
Ice Technologies Freeza
Ice Technologies combined with Freeza disc brake rotor construction rapidly dissipates heat for more consistent braking performance in extreme conditions, longer pad life, and less brake fade and noise.
Benefits and features:
- Lightweight clad rotors with heat dissipating paint on exposed aluminum layer segments provide superior cooling, consistent brake performance, and lighter operation under all conditions
- Clad brake pads with Aluminum/Stainless fins support rapid heat dissipation which helps reduce maintenance, provide longer pad life, and create less brake fade and noise
Ice Technologies and Freeza provide consistent braking performance with longer pad life, less brake fade and noise.
The lightweight and highly efficient three-layer sandwich structure of stainless steel–aluminum–stainless steel enhances heat dissipation.
140°C reduction in heat (vs stainless steel disc brake rotor).
Reduce more 10°C by high heat dissipation paint (equipped: SM-RT900 and RT-MT900).
The Center Lock system makes an easy rotor installation possible with spline mount and a lock ring. The lock ring mounting system reduces the total working hours by shortening the amount of time of both installation and de-installation. In addition, the secure fixing by the spline mount enhances precision and rigidity while improving braking efficiency.
- XTR and Dura-Ace RT-MT900 Ice Tech rotors providing consistent braking performance through energy control, using revolutionary stainless steel / alloy 3-layer sandwich construction that manages heat while riding
- The clad steel / alloy / steel rotor construction allows heat generated from braking to radiate quickly through the aluminium core achieving surface temperature drops of around 50 deg C. When used with Ice Tech pads surface temperatures can drop from around 400 to 300 deg C, this provides great improvements in performance all round
- Freeza rotors allow the alloy core to extend out from the braking surface as a fin to providing added cooling
- Ice Tech rotors achieve long pad life, less noise and less fade due to improved heat dispersion
- Rotors are durable lightweight and rigid, using the proven Shimano Center Lock system giving increased strength and security with an easy set-up
- Precision cut braking surface improves pad clearing in muddy conditions while aiding cooling under high load
- Large alloy spider is a highly rigid and lightweight support for the rotor surface
- Super polished braking surface gives excellent braking performance