Tern Verge X11 2023 Folding Bike
|Gloss Chrome Silver
Tern specialise in folding bikes and folding electric bikes. Their prime motive other than to provide you with an efficient and user-friendly cycling experience is to help preserve the environment. You will find many well-considered features on all of their models and they are an absolute pleasure to ride.
The Verge X11 brings three technological leaps to Tern bikes: 451 wheels, T-Tuned geometry, and hyper-wide 1x drivetrains. It’s the no-holds-barred Verge, with hand-built Kinetix Pro X wheels, a carbon fiber crankset, optional mirror finish, and a monster 10-42 tooth cassette for steep climbs and spirited descents. Ride one and understand why we call it Light Speed.
- Ultra light for speed and portability
- Rides with exceptional comfort and stability thanks to our unique technology and T-Tuned geometry
- Folds in 10 seconds or less - put it in the car to fast forward to the good part of the ride
- 451 wheels deliver a full-sized ride with minuscule impact on the folded size
- SRAM’s revolutionary 1x drivetrain - light, compact, and incredibly versatile
- Chock full of special details like anodized blue accents, straight-pull spokes, and custom-built wheel hubs
With N-Fold Technology, Tern bikes fold small and fast - in three easy steps. It’s simple enough for anybody to master. And with the handlepost folded to the outside of the package, Tern bikes can also roll when folded for easy transport.
OCL Frame Joint
The key to any folding bicycle is the frame, and specifically, the folding joint at the heart of the frame. Done well, it locks the two halves of the frame together without any hint of movement or sound. It should be easy to operate and work flawlessly year after year. The OCL Joint does all of these things and is a new reference in folding frame technology.
The rear half of Tern frames use a patented 3D structure we call DoubleTruss to build in extra stiffness. It helps resist torsional forces so our bikes flex less. That means increased stiffness and much better power transfer from the pedals to the rear wheel. The proof’s in the ride.
Dropouts are often overlooked, but a good dropout goes a long way. Our Quadric dropout is built taller, so your disc brakes are protected inside the frame. The design makes the eyelets for mudguards, racks, and our clip system more user-friendly and accessible than ever before. We even included a mount for a sturdy rear kickstand.
At Tern, we endeavor to build fast-folding bikes that ride like full-sized bikes. Our T-Tuned geometry is the culmination of our commitment. We’ve tweaked the wheelbase, rake, and seat-tube angle of our design to deliver the most confident and stable ride of any bike in our lineup. Ride one and try it. Take your hands off the handlebars if you’re feeling bold.
Utilizing a single hydroformed tube mated to a precision-machined steerer, the Tarsus delivers superior strength in a shape that matches the sophisticated lines of the Verge and Eclipse frames.
Physis 3D Handlepost
Five patented technologies and unique manufacturing technology add up to the strongest, stiffest folding handlepost available. The Physis uses a special manufacturing process called 3D forging, which forms the post from a single piece of aluminum, eliminating all welds.
Syntace VRO Stem
Your bike should adapt to fit you - not the other way around. This adjustable stem allows you to position your handlebars further, for a more stretched and aggressive riding position, or up higher for increased comfort.
Shimano Deore Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Leveraging technology that’s been working successfully on motorcycles for decades, these brakes will bring you to a confident stop - even in rain, snow, or mud. All it takes is the gentle pull of just two fingers. The caliper design is both ridged and durable, and the non-corrosive mineral oil brake fluid is gentler on the environment than most hydraulic brake fluids.
Kinetix Pro X Disc Wheels
Kinetix Pro X Disc Wheels are engineered from the ground up for speed and performance. With custom-forged bladed Sapim spokes, CNC machined hubs, and high-profile rims, they’re light, strong, and look pretty fine too. Even better, they’re 100% hand-built and hand-trued.
Schwalbe Durano Tires
We love these sporty tires for their impressive high mileage. They’ll let you log mile, after mile, after mile. A double layer of nylon fabric protects you against flats, and the dual-compound rubber gives you excellent grip - even on wet winter roads - while keeping rolling resistance in check.
1x (“One-By”) Drivetrain
There’s a revolution in drivetrains across the industry. Thanks to the recent introduction of hyper-wide cassettes from SRAM and Shimano, it’s possible to achieve massive gear ranges with only one chainring up front. That makes 1x an ideal configuration for folding bikes, because it reduces maintenance, weight, and complexity. Enjoy all the range of a 20-speed drivetrain, with none of the complications.
SRAM Force 1 Crankset
The SRAM Force 1 Crankset delivers a new benchmark for performance and reliability. It’s built from carbon, so it’s incomparably stiff and light. With SRAM’s X-SYNC wide-tooth, narrow-tooth technology, it’s engineered from the ground up to prevent chain drops. Developed for the most demanding cyclocross riders, it’s a fitting centerpiece for our fastest folding bikes.
The Magnetix 2.0 uses powerful magnets to keep your bike folded for situations like carrying your bike up and down stairs. With a pull force 10-15 Kgf, the Magnetix 2.0 will keep your bike folded even when being jostled and moved about.
Fix the Tern Luggage Truss to the Luggage Socket and you can plug in your choice of front luggage: rack, basket, or bag. If it’s KlickFix compatible, it’ll work.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Tern Verge, hydroformed 7005-Al with smooth TIG welding, 3 patented technologies
- Forks: Tern Tarsus, 6061-Al, hydroformed
- Headset: Flux Pro, angular contact bearings, Physis integrated
- Crankset: SRAM Force 1 carbon, X-SYNC chainring, 52 Tooth
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X1
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1150, 10-42 Tooth, 11 speed
- Chain: KMC X11-1
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP
Braking / Shifting
- Shifters: SRAM GX trigger, 1 x 11 speed
- Front Brake: Shimano Deore, hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: Shimano Deore, hydraulic disc
- Brake Levers: Shimano Deore, hydraulic disc
- Front Wheel: Kinetix Pro X Disc, Paired Spoke technology, straight-pull design, 20 Holr, 600g
- Rear Wheel: Kinetix Pro X Disc, Paired Spoke technology, SRAM XD Driver, straight-pull design, 20 Hole, asymmetric flange, 720g
- Tyres: Schwalbe Durano, 28-451, 115psi
- Handlebars: Tern Physis 3D, 3D forged, 5 patented technologies
- Grips: Ergon GS1 Leichtbau
- Stem: Syntace VRO, adjustable, Built for Tern
- Seatpost: Stasis by Syntace, 7050-Al, hard-anodized
- Seatpost Clamp: Syntace OverLock
- Saddle: Ergon SMC30 Pro, TiNox Rails
- Bell: Pitch, brass
- Clip System: Magnetix 2.0
- Luggage Socket: Yes
- Rear Light: Biologic TailLight
More from this brand
- Tern HSD P10 2023 Electric Cargo Bike£4,100.00
- Tern GSD S00 2023 Electric Cargo Bike£6,100.00
- Tern Link B7 2023 Folding Bike£399.99RRP £650.00Save 38%
- Tern Link C8 2023 Folding Bike£499.00RRP £850.00Save 41%
- Tern Node D8 2023 Folding Bike£799.99RRP £1100.00Save 27%
- Tern Vektron S10 2023 Electric Folding Bike£3,479.00RRP £4100.00Save 15%
- Tern GSD S10 LR 2023 Electric Cargo Bike£5,100.00