Orro Terra S GRX610 2024 Bike
Terra S is both a homage to the original frame building material and a demonstration of its relevance to the modern-day cyclist. There is no other material that rides quite like steel, it’s an experience akin to the sound of a vinyl record or the feel of a paperback book. Terra S is made from our own specification 4130 chromoly steel, custom drawn and triple butted, to offer a versatile combination of strength and light weight. It is paired with a full carbon fibre fork and the latest in gravel componentry.
The durability of steel has been proven over centuries of bicycle frame development. Undoubtedly, a steel bike is heavier than its carbon composite or aluminium alloy equivalents can be made to be. However, its high-tensile strength means that it dents instead of cracking, it bends instead of snapping. It is for these reasons that steel is especially popular with touring cyclists. Despite the old-school appearance Terra S is simultaneously modern in its design with features such as: semi-internal cable routing, a tapered headtube, and thru axles. Load it up. Treat it rough. This bike is ready for demanding routes.
Mounts galore! Terra S is an ideal gravel bike for fully loaded adventures with bottle cage mounts in all the right places. The two triple braze on bosses in the mainframe accommodate a wealth of new cargo carrying solutions, as well as providing alternative positions for the classic two bolt bidon cage. Although the frame tubes of Terra S maintain the characteristic round and narrow profile of steel, we’ve slightly ovalized the toptube to improve the stability of any bike packing bags which have been strapped onto it. And when the next journey is just the commute, dedicated rack and mudguard mounts allow for more comfortable daily cruising.
Shimano GRX 1x
The new Shimano GRX 610 1x12 drivetrain on this model is ideally suited to off-road riding where the single front chain-ring reduces mechanical complexity and the chance of chain derailment. The wide ratio 10-45 Tooth cassette provides big gear jumps for fast and effective shifting on undulating terrain. Hydraulic disc brakes ensure power and control are always at your fingertips.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Orro Terra S
- Forks: Orro Terra S
- Crankset: Shimano RX600 40 Tooth
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano RX812 11-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano Deore M5100 11-42 Tooth
- Shifters: Shimano ST-RX600
- Front Brakes: Shimano SM-RT70 160mm
- Rear Brakes: Shimano SM-RT70 160mm
- Brake Levers: Shimano BR-RX400
- Wheelset: Fulcrum Rapid Red 900 DB
- Tyres: Continental Terra Trail 40c
- Handlebars: FSA Adventure Compact
- Stem: FSA Omega ST
- Saddle: Orro Bostal Saddle
More from this brand
- Orro Gold STC Rival eTap AXS 2024 Bike£3,699.00
- Orro Terra Ti GRX820 2024 Bike£3,899.99
- Orro Gold STC Ultegra Di2 2024 Bike£3,899.99
- Orro Gold STC 105 Di2 2024 Bike£3,199.99
- Orro Terra C GRX820 Tailormade 2024 Bike£2,999.99
- Orro Gold STC Force D2 SC40 2024 Bike£5,499.99
- Orro Terra C Rival XPLR Tailormade 2023 Bike£2,639.99RRP £3299.99Save 20%
- Orro Terra C GRX400 2024 Bike£2,199.99