Genesis Tour De Fer 10 Flat Bar 2021 Bike
Genesis is a UK bike brand specialising in no-nonsense road, touring, urban and mountain bikes for adults and children. Ranging from great value models upto competition-ready racers and with the dire UK weather in mind, they are generally suited to mixed weather conditions and offer comfortable geometries.
The Tour de Fer 10 represents our vision of affordable escapism; a bike designed for the sole purpose of carrying rider and luggage long distances efficiently and in comfort, without leaving a sizable dent in your pocket. Our flat-bar variant takes every element of our country-crossing legend and matches it with a more upright position, perfect for those needing the ultimate comfort.
As our entry-level model, affordability is at the forefront of our considerations, without cutting corners that would've been detrimental to the ride or long-term ownership. This meant choosing rugged, reliable kit that will last the high mileage for which we intend the bike to be used.
Most of what makes it so good for touring is also 100% applicable to commuting. Everyday practicalities like large volume, puncture resistant Schwalbe Marathon tyres, tough 36H wheelset, powerful, controlled disc brakes, Tubus Cargo rear rack and custom length and extra-long Chromoplastic mudguards.
Tour de Fer 10 is just as suited as a daily commuter as it is a cross-continent tourer. Where will you take yours?
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Steel Crossbar Design
- Forks: Genesis Full Chromoly
- Headset: PT-1606 EC34 Upper / EC34 Lower
- Chainset: Shimano FC-T4010 48-36-26 Tooth X-Small, Small, Medium = 170mm, Large, X-Large = 175mm
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-ES300
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Alivio FD-T4000
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Alivio RD-T4000-SGS 9 Speed
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG400-9 11-32 Tooth
- Chain: KMC X9
Braking / Shifting
- Brake Levers: Shimano BL-T4010
- Brakes: Promax DSK-717RS Mechanical Disc
- Shifters: Shimano Alivio SL-M4000 3 x 9 Speed
- Rims: Jalco XCD22
- Hubs: KT-K08
- Spokes: Steel 14G
- Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon 700 x 37c
- Handlebars: Genesis Alloy 18mm Rise 8 Deg Backsweep X-Small = 580mm, Small, Medium = 600mm, Large, X-Large = 620mm
- Grips: Genesis
- Stem: Genesis Alloy 31.8mm -6 Deg 100mm
- Seatpost: Genesis Alloy 27.2 X-Small, Small, Medium = 350mm Large, X-Large = 400mm
- Saddle: Genesis
- Pedals: NW-91K With Cage