Cube Litening Air C:68X SLX 2023 Bike
|Electric Blue / Blue
Racing is all about marginal gains. With that in mind, the Litening AIR C:68X SLX is built to shave as much weight as the UCI will allow, whilst still retaining an aero advantage. With race-proven components and built-in power meter, it's your ticket to the front of the peloton.
When we set out to develop a new ultralight race bike with Team Wanty, the Litening AIR C:68 SLX was what we had in mind. Slippery through the air, comfortable enough to race all day and weighing in at around 799g for a mid-sized frame, it's the UCI-compliant speed machine you've been looking for. Shimano Ultegra Di2 with built-in power meter handles stop and go duties, while carbon-spoked Newmen Advanced carbon aero wheels - shod with Continental tyres and ultralight Schwalbe Aerothan tubes - help keep the rubber side down even as the speed increases. The ultimate race machine? You decide.
An aero bike that reduces wind resistance is great, but a race bike should also - of course - be as light as possible. So, with the brand-new Litening AIR C:68X, we worked with Team Wanty to develop a frame from our premium C:68X carbon that combines the best of both worlds. At around 799g for a mid-sized frame it's svelte enough to easily build a UCI-compliant 6.6kg bike, but it's still slippery through the air and comfortable for long days in the saddle. The overall weight saving on a classic road bike is a difference you can clearly feel - and see in your results!
With our Advanced Twin Mold process we use two precisely manufactured forms for our C:62, C:68 and C:68X carbon frames. The first form is to ensure an accurate layup. The second, inner form keeps every individual fibre precisely where it needs to be while the frame cures. The result is a significantly lighter, stronger frame, with fibre density tailored to anticipated loadings at specific points.
Combining all our expertise from carbon frame building into the ultimate material, C:68X carbon uses the optimum blend of fibre and nano particle-infused resin. Precision Advanced Twin Mold manufacturing means we can avoid bonded sleeves or inserts, too. It's the new benchmark for light, stiff and strong.
Full Integrated Cable Routing takes the clutter of external cables and consigns it to the past. We started from scratch, designing frame and handlebars to accept gear and brake cables internally so that nothing interrupts the bike's clean lines. It's neater, it's more aero, it protects cables from damage and it reduces maintenance. All the wins.
We know that you want to keep track of your performance stats. It's important, which is why we designed a neat, unobtrusive mount for your Garmin. Now you can record and access data wherever you ride, safe in the knowledge that your Garmin unit is securely mounted and out of harm's way.
Weight matters when you're chasing every fraction of a second. That's why our One Piece Carbon Cockpit has been carefully designed to mimic the range of riding positions available with a traditional stem and handlebar combo, but with a substantial weight saving. Light, strong and elegant, it's another way of making every watt count.
If you want to race, there are rules. We know that, which is why all our road race bikes that could be used for racing are fully compliant with UCI regulations on bicycle design and construction. We've created a full range of high performance machines that follow the rules, so you can just concentrate on your performance...
When every second counts, you need your bike's geometry to work with you. Our Road Climbing Geometry's short rear centre and emphasis on agile handling ensures that every fraction of a watt you put into the pedals propels you forward, no matter how steep the gradient. Because gravity sucks, and we're on your side...
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Litening C:68X Air Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, Aero-Weight Optimized Tubes, Full Internal Cable Routing, Flat Mount Disc
- Forks: Litening C:68X Air, Integrated Cable Routing, Flat Mount Disc
- Headset: ACROS, Top Integrated 1 1/2", Bottom Integrated 1 1/4"
- Crankset: Shimano Ultegra FC-R8100-P, Powermeter, Hollowtech Ll, 52 x 36 Tooth
- Chainrings: 52 x 36 Tooth
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2 RD-R8150-DGS. 12-Speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2 FD-R8150-F
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra CS-R8100-12, 11-30 Tooth
- Chain: Shimano CN-M8100
- Number of Gears: 24
- Shifters: Shimano Ultegra Di2 ST-R8170
- Brake System: Shimano Ultegra BR-R8170, Hydraulic Disc Brake, Flat Mount (160/160)
- Wheelset: Newmen Advanced SL R.50 CS Streem, Aero Carbon Spokes
- Tyres: Conti Grand Prix 5000 TT, 28-622
- Bar Tape: Acid Bartape RD
- Stem: ICR Cockpit System, Integrated Cable Routing, Aero Spacer System, Garmin Mount Interface
- Seatpost: Litening C:68X Aero, Comfort Flex
- Seat Clamp: Cube Full Integrated
- Saddle: Natural Fit Nuance SLT Road Carbon
More from this brand
- Cube Nature EXC Trapeze 2022 Bike£999.20RRP £1249.00Save 20%
- Cube Nature EXC 2022 Bike£999.20RRP £1249.00Save 20%
- Cube Touring Step-Through 2023 Bike£639.20RRP £799.00Save 20%
- Cube Touring Trapeze 2023 Bike£639.20RRP £799.00Save 20%
- Cube Touring 2023 Bike£639.20RRP £799.00Save 20%
- Cube Touring EXC Step-Through 2022 Bike£639.20RRP £799.00Save 20%
- Cube Touring EXC Trapeze 2022 Bike£639.20RRP £799.00Save 20%
- Cube Touring EXC 2022 Bike£639.20RRP £799.00Save 20%
- Cube SL Road 2022 Bike£759.20RRP £949.00Save 20%
- Cube Nulane Trapeze 2023 Bike£719.20RRP £899.00Save 20%