Marin Rift Zone Carbon 1 2021 Bike
Marin County California is regarded as the birthplace of mountain biking. With niche communities back then shaping what it is today, and with Marin Bikes' inception coming shortly after, the company has deep roots in the sport and now offers many styles of bikes to suit off-roaders and commuters alike.
The Rift Zone is our most speed oriented MultiTrac bike, created
for the rider looking for the speed and roll over capabilities of
29" wheels in a trail capable package. Long, low, and slack trail
geometry is more aggressive than an XC race bike for more
control at top speed, and more fun while chasing seconds.
UNIDIRECTIONAL CARBON FIBER FRAME
The Rift Zone Carbon 1 and 2 models feature high modulus carbon fiber and monocoque construction to deliver the lightest, most capable, Rift Zone that Marin has ever made.
MULTITRAC SUSPENSION TECHNOLOGY
MultiTrac is an acclaimed suspension system, fine-tuned to have a balanced ride capable of absorbing big hits with an efficient pedaling platform. The rocker link provides a progressive leverage ratio for the rear shock for small bump sensitivity and the feeling of a long travel system on large drops and rocks.
All Rift Zone models sport full internal cable routing in the front triangle with Marin's all-new internal cable routing grommets, providing a cleaner and rattle free cable set up.
- Frame: All New Unidirectional Carbon Fiber Front Triangle, Series 4 Alloy Rear End, 29" Wheels, 125mm Travel, MultiTrac Suspension Platform, 148x12mm Boost Thru-Axle, 73mm Threaded BB w/ ISCG05 Tabs
- Front Suspension: Marzocchi Bomber Z2 29", Rail Damper with Sweep Adjustment, 130mm Travel, Kabolt Bolt On Axle, 44mm Offset
- Rear Suspension: Fox Float DPS, Performance Series, EVOL Air Spring, 3 Position Compression Adjustment, Rebound Adjustment, Custom Tune, 210x50mm, , 30mmx M8 Upper & 25mm x M8 Lower Hardware
- Rim: Marin Aluminum Double Wall, 29mm Inner, Sleeved Joint, Disc Specific, Tubeless Compatible
- Hub Rear: Forged Alloy, 148x12mm, Quad Sealed Bearings, Centerlock Disc, 32H, Standard Freehub Body
- Hub Front: Forged Alloy, 110x15mm, Centerlock Disc, 32H
- Spokes: 14g Black Stainless Steel
- Tires: Front: Maxxis Minion DHF 29x2.5WT, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO+, Tubeless Compatible Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29x2.4WT, 3C Maxx Terra, EXO+, Tubeless Compatible
- Derailleur Rear: Shimano SLX SGS, Direct Attachment, 12-Speed
- Shift Lever: Shimano SLX, 12 Speed, SL-7100R
- Crankset: FSA GRID, Modular 1x, 32T Direct Mount Chainring, MegaTooth Technology, Mego EXO Spindle, Boost Spacing
- Bottom Bracket: Mego EXO 73mm BSA
- Chain: KMC X-12 Silver & Black
- Cassette: SunRace, 12 Speed, 11-50T, ED Black
- Brakes Front: Shimano MT420, 4 Piston Hydraulic Disc Brake, 203mm Rotor
- Brakes Rear: Shimano MT420, 4 Piston Hydraulic Disc Brake, 180mm Rotor
- Brake Levers: Shimano MT401 Hydraulic Lever
- Handlebar: Marin Mini-Riser, 6061 Double Butted Aluminum, 780mm Width, 28mm rise, 5º Up, 9º Back
- Stem: Marin 3D Forged Alloy, 35mm
- Grips: Marin Single Clamp Locking
- Headset: FSA No 57E, Semi-Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 1 1/8" x 1 1/2"
- Seatpost: X-Fusion Manic, 1x Composite Remote, Size S 125mm Travel, Size M & L 150mm Travel, Size XL 175mm Travel, 30.9mm
- Saddle: Marin Speed Concept
- Pedals: n/a
- Extras: Bolt-on Thru-Axle