Marin Rift Zone 3 2021 Bike
Marin County California is regarded as the birthplace of mountain biking. With niche communities back then shaping what it is today, and with Marin Bikes' inception coming shortly after, the company has deep roots in the sport and now offers many styles of bikes to suit off-roaders and commuters alike.
The Rift Zone is our most speed oriented MultiTrac bike, created for the rider looking for the speed and roll over capabilities of 29" wheels in a trail capable package. Long, low, and slack trail geometry is more aggressive than an XC race bike for more control at top speed, and more fun while chasing seconds.
SERIES 3 ALUMINUM FRAME
Rift Zone 1, 2, and 3 models feature Series 3 aluminum frames, with detailed forgings, highly manipulated tubes, and full internal cable routing, giving the rider the highest-end alloy frame that Marin offers.
MULTITRAC SUSPENSION TECHNOLOGY
MultiTrac is an acclaimed suspension system, fine-tuned to have a balanced ride capable of absorbing big hits with an efficient pedaling platform. The rocker link provides a progressive leverage ratio for the rear shock for small bump sensitivity and the feeling of a long travel system on large drops and rocks.
All Rift Zone models sport full internal cable routing in the front triangle with Marin's all-new internal cable routing grommets, providing a cleaner and rattle free cable set up.
- Frame: Series 3 6061 Aluminum Frame, 29" Wheels, 125mm Travel, MultiTrac Suspension Platform, 148x12mm Boost Thru-Axle, 73mm Threaded BB w/ ISCG05 Tabs
- Front Suspension: Marzocchi Bomber Z2 29", Rail Damper with Sweep Adjustment, 130mm Travel, Kabolt Bolt On Axle, 44mm Offset
- Rear Suspension: Fox Float DPS, Performance Series, EVOL Air Spring, 3 Position Compression Adjustment, Rebound Adjustment, Custom Tune, 210x50mm, 25mm x M8 Hardware Top and Bottom
- Rim: Marin Aluminum Double Wall, 29mm Inner, Sleeved Joint, Disc Specific, Tubeless Compatible
- Hub Rear: Forged Alloy, 148x12mm, Quad Sealed Bearings, Centerlock Disc, 32H, Standard Freehub Body
- Hub Front: Forged Alloy, 110x15mm, Centerlock Disc, 32H
- Spokes: 14g Black Stainless Steel
- Tires: Vee Tire Co, Flow Snap, 29x2.35, Tackee Compound, 72 TPI, Tubeless Compatible
- Derailleur Rear: Shimano SLX SGS, Direct Attachment, 12-Speed
- Shift Lever: Shimano SLX, 12 Speed, SL-7100R
- Crankset: FSA GRID, Modular 1x, 32T Direct Mount Chainring, MegaTooth Technology, Mego EXO Spindle, Boost Spacing
- Bottom Bracket: Mego EXO 73mm BSA
- Chain: KMC X-12 Silver & Black
- Cassette: SunRace, 12 Speed, 11-50T, ED Black
- Brakes Front: Shimano MT420, 4 Piston Hydraulic Disc Brake, 203mm Rotor
- Brakes Rear: Shimano MT420, 4 Piston Hydraulic Disc Brake, 180mm Rotor
- Brake Levers: Shimano MT401 Hydraulic Lever
- Handlebar: Marin Mini-Riser, 6061 Double Butted Aluminum, 780mm Width, 28mm rise, 5º Up, 9º Back
- Stem: Marin 3D Forged Alloy, 35mm
- Grips: Marin Single Clamp Locking
- Headset: FSA No 57E, Semi-Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 1 1/8" x 1 1/2"
- Seatpost: X-Fusion Manic, 1x Composite Remote, Size S 125mm Travel, Size M & L 150mm Travel, Size XL 175mm Travel, 30.9mm
- Saddle: Marin Speed Concept
- Pedals: n/a
- Extras: Bolt-on Thru-Axle