Marin Headlands 1 2020 Bike
Marin County California is regarded as the birthplace of mountain biking. With niche communities back then shaping what it is today, and with Marin Bikes' inception coming shortly after, the company has deep roots in the sport and now offers many styles of bikes to suit off-roaders and commuters alike.
The all-new Headlands takes what we have learned with the alloy Gestalt X line, and brings the spirit to an all-new, full carbon fiber frameset. Modern geometry, generous tire clearance, and sublime ride quality, all combine to make an incredibly capable, lightweight bike that'll exceed your expectations.
UNIDIRECTIONAL CARBON FIBER FRAME
The Headlands has a unidirectional carbon fiber frame designed to meet the demands of modern gravel and endurance riders and racers with large tire clearance, a 142x12mm thru-axle, and multiple frame eyelets for customized hydration and framebag needs.
The Headlands was designed with clearance for up to 700Cx45 or 650Bx50 tires to handle even the roughest “roads."
INTERNAL DROPPER COMPATIBILITY
The Headlands features a seattube port for internal dropper routing, with the Headlands 2 coming stock with a 105mm/85mm dropper post.
REMOVABLE SEATSTAY BRACE
The removable seat stay brace makes it super easy to add fenders for foul weather riding and commuting, while maintaining a clean smooth look when you don't need the coverage.
- Frame: Unidirectional Carbon Beyond Road Platform, 1x Drivetrain Specific, 700c x 45mm/650B x 50mm Compatible, Flat Mount Disc, 142x12 Thru-Axle, Internal Dropper Post Routing, Internal Housing Routing, Mudguard and Rear Carrier Mounting, Plentiful Gear Mounts
- Fork: Marin Full Carbon w/ Taper Steerer, 12mm Thru-Axle, Flat-Mount Disc, Fender Eyelets
- Rim: Marin Aluminum Double Wall, 21mm Inner, 21mm Tall, Disc Specific, Tubeless Compatible
- Hub Rear: Forged Aluminum Alloy, XD Driver, 6-Bolt Disc, 32H
- Hub Front: Forged Aluminum Alloy, 6-Bolt Disc, 32H
- Spokes: 14g Black Stainless Steel
- Tires: Schwalbe G-One Performance, 700Cx40, Folding Bead
- Derailleur Rear: SRAM Apex 1x11-Speed
- Derailleur Front: n/a
- Shift Lever: SRAM Apex 1x11-Speed
- Crankset: Forged Alloy 1x11, Hollow CrMo Spindle, Narrow-Wide 40T
- Bottom Bracket: External Sealed Cartridge Bearings
- Chain: KMC X11
- Cassette: SunRace 11-Speed XD, 10-42T
- Brakes Front: SRAM Apex Hydraulic Disc Disc, 160mm Rotor
- Brakes Rear: SRAM Apex Hydraulic Disc Disc, 160mm Rotor
- Brake Levers: SRAM Apex 1 DoubleTap
- Handlebar: Marin Butted Alloy, Compact 12º Flared Drop, Flat Top
- Stem: Marin 3D Forged Alloy
- Grips: Marin Shock Absorbing Tape
- Headset: FSA Orbit IS, Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 1 1/8" x 1 1/2"
- Seatpost: Marin Alloy, 27.2mm
- Saddle: Marin Beyond Road Concept
- Pedals: Commute Platform
- Extras: Bolt-on Thru-Axles F&R