Kona Honzo DL 2020 Bike
Kona has deep roots in the development of what mountain bikes have become today. Since the company's inception in 1988 it has been under the same founding members' wings, and their staff are passionate about the empowerment of the bicycle. Today their range is vast, spanning across nearly all disciplines and offering models at all price points to reach a broad market of cyclists.
The Honzo DL is a secret weapon among those who love mountain biking at its purest. This year we’ve upgraded the fork to a RockShox Revelation RC and given you another gear with SRAM’s SX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain. Just enough suspension to keep things moving along on the trail, but nimble, fast and easy to throw around, the Honzo is a total dream for the person looking for something playful.
“The Honzo DL tics right under two-thousand dollars, and for that money, buyers get a very functional and impressive
– Matt Miller, Singletracks
- Kona 6061 Aluminium:
Kona 7005 and 6061 Aluminum alloys are used extensively throughout our fleet of mountain and asphalt bicycles. A tough, durable, light alloy, both Kona 7005 and 6061 deliver fantastic, reliable performance that lasts for thousands of rides. Much of our 7005/6061 tubing is butted and/or formed, meaning the tubing’s wall thickness can be increased or decreased, as well as shaped, so we can fine-tune a particular frame’s strength and ride characteristics depending on its intended application.
- Internal Headset:
Bearing cups are actually pressed into the frame and are easily removable. An internal headset also reduces stack height, so the height of the stem and bars are more adjustable, giving the rider the best fit possible.
- Tapered Head Tube:
More girth at the bottom of the head tube better distributes shock force, prolonging the bearing life of the headset itself and eliminating brake shudder, while providing confident steering performance. The inherent strength of its triangular design also means a stronger steering position and improved balance, giving the rider more control in rough terrain. A zero-stack, tapered head tube also puts strength where the load is going—into the lower headset cup—maximizing bearing durability where it’s needed.
- Tubeless Compatible Rims:
Tubeless rims allow for tires with more puncture resistance; the ability to run lower tire pressure, which provides better tire grip on the trail; lower rolling resistance; and weight savings over traditional tube and tire systems.
- 12x148mm Axle:
12x142mm, 12x148 and 12x157 rear axle standards provide two major advantages to the Kona rider: the 12mm diameter of the rear axle provides the rear hub and frame with a stiff interface, while the 142/148/157mm outer diameter of the hub allows the wheel to be quickly and properly positioned in the frame before the rear axle is inserted. For 2017, you’ll see the 12x148 Boost standard in the mix. Boost spacing provides more tire clearance at the chainstay yoke, while the rear wheel is stiffer and more durable relative to a 12x142 thru-axle.
- Frame material: Kona 6061 aluminum butted
- Fork: Rockshox revelation rc debonair 120mm tapered 110mm spacing
- Crankarms: Sram nx-eagle
- Chainrings: 32t x-sync eagle
- Bottom Bracket: Sram dub pf92
- Chain: Sram sx-eagle
- Freewheel: Sram nx-eagle 11-50t 12spd
- Shifters: Sram sx-eagle
- Brake calipers: Shimano acera
- Front brake rotor: Shimano rt54 180mm (centerlock)
- Rear brake rotor: Shimano rt54 160mm (centerlock)
- Brake levers: Shimano acera
- Headset: FSA no.57b
- Handlebar: Kona xc/bc 35
- Stem: Kona xc/bc 35
- Seatpost: Trans-x dropper internal 31.6mm
- Seat clamp: Kona clamp
- Grips: Kona key grip
- Saddle: WTB volt comp (comp 250 size s)
- Front hub: Shimano 110x15mm (centerlock)
- Rear hub: Shimano 148x12mm (centerlock)
- Spokes: Stainless black 14g
- Rims: WTB ST I30 TCS
- Front tire: Maxxis minion DHF exo tr 3c 29x2.3"
- Rear tire: Maxxis minion DHF exo tr dual 29x2.3"
More from this brand
- Kona Dew-E 2019 Electric Bike£1,799.00RRP £2499.00Save 28%
- Kona Hei Hei Supreme 2017 Bike£2,999.99RRP £7899.00Save 62%
- Kona Ute 2020 Bike£1,159.20RRP £1449.00Save 20%
- Kona Unit X 2021 Bike£1,399.00
- Kona Unit 2021 Bike£1,099.00
- Kona Sutra ULTD 2021 Bike£2,399.00
- Kona Sutra LTD 2021 Bike£2,059.00
- Kona Sutra 2021 Bike£1,499.00
- Kona Super Jake 2019 Bike£2,799.30RRP £3999.00Save 30%