Kona Honzo 2021 Bike
|Colour||Satin Fatigue Green|
Kona has deep roots in the development of what mountain bikes have become today. Since the company's inception in 1988 it has been under the same founding members' wings, and their staff are passionate about the empowerment of the bicycle. Today their range is vast, spanning across nearly all disciplines and offering models at all price points to reach a broad market of cyclists.
Often imitated, but never duplicated, the Honzo is a part of Kona's foundation. The Honzo gets a geo update that slackens the headtube to 67 degrees and steepens the seat tube angle. With a Shimano Deore drivetrain, hydraulic disc brakes, and a long-travel adjustable dropper post, it's a killer bike for the money. Squish is provided by a RockShox Recon RL Solo Air fork. Folding bead tubeless Maxxis rubber surrounds the WTB ST i30 TCS rims, providing proper grip on any surface.
- Frame Material: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Wheels: WTB ST i30 TCS 29"
- Front Suspension: 120mm
- Fork: RockShox Recon RL Solo Air 120mm
- Crankset: Shimano Deore 11 Speed
- Drivetrain: Shimano Deore 11 Speed
- Brakes: Shimano MT410 Hydraulic with 180mm front/160mm rear rotor
- Seat Post: TranzX Dropper +RAD Internal 31.6mm
- Cockpit: Kona XC/BC 35mm Bar/ XC/BC 35 Stem with Kona Lock-on Key Grip
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF EXO TR DUAL 29x2.5" WT
- Rear tire: Maxxis Dissector EXO TR DUAL 29x2.3" WT
- Saddle: Kona Trail
Kona 6061 Aluminum
Kona 7005 and 6061 Aluminum alloys are used extensively throughout our fleet of mountain and asphalt bicycles. A tough, durable, light alloy, both Kona 7005 and 6061 deliver fantastic, reliable performance that lasts for thousands of rides. Much of our 7005 / 6061 tubing is butted and/or formed, meaning the tubing's wall thickness can be increased or decreased, as well as shaped, so we can fine-tune a particular frame's strength and ride characteristics depending on its intended application.
Bearing cups are actually pressed into the frame and are easily removable. An internal headset also reduces stack height, so the height of the stem and bars are more adjustable, giving the rider the best fit possible.
Tapered Head Tube
More girth at the bottom of the head tube better distributes shock force, prolonging the bearing life of the headset itself and eliminating brake shudder, while providing confident steering performance. The inherent strength of its triangular design also means a stronger steering position and improved balance, giving the rider more control in rough terrain. A zero-stack, tapered head tube also puts strength where the load is going-into the lower headset cup-maximizing bearing durability where it's needed.
Tubeless Compatible Rims
Tubeless rims allow for tyres with more puncture resistance; the ability to run lower tire pressure, which provides better tire grip on the trail; lower rolling resistance; and weight savings over traditional tube and tire systems.
12 x 148mm Axle
12 x 142mm, 12 x 148mm and 12 x 157mm rear axle standards provide two major advantages to the Kona rider: the 12mm diameter of the rear axle provides the rear hub and frame with a stiff interface, while the 142/148/157mm outer diameter of the hub allows the wheel to be quickly and properly positioned in the frame before the rear axle is inserted. For 2017, you'll see the 12 x 148mm Boost standard in the mix. Boost spacing provides more tire clearance at the chainstay yoke, while the rear wheel is stiffer and more durable relative to a 12x142 thru-axle.
Register a new Kona bike within three months of purchase, and the original owner qualifies the Kona frame for a free Lifetime Warranty. Note: this does not apply to Kona Carbon models.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Forks: RockShox Recon RL Solo Air 120mm Tapered 110mm Spacing
- Headset: FSA No.57B
- Crankset: Shimano Deore
- Chainrings: 30 Tooth
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Deore 73mm
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore 11 Speed
- Freewheel: Shimano Deore 11-51 Tooth 11 Speed
- Chain: Shimano Deore 11 Speed
- Shifters: Shimano Deore 11 Speed
- Brakes: Shimano MT410 Hydraulic
- Front Rotor: Shimano RT30 180mm (Centerlock)
- Rear Rotor: Shimano RT30 160mm (Centerlock)
- Brake Levers: Shimano MT410 Hydraulic
- Rims: WTB ST I30 TCS
- Front Hub: Shimano 110 x 15mm (Centerlock)
- Rear Hub: Shimano 148 x 12mm (Centerlock)
- Spokes: Stainless Black 14 Gauge
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHF EXO TR DUAL 29x2.5" WT
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Dissector EXO TR DUAL 29x2.3" WT
- Handlebars: Kona XC/BC 35
- Grips: Kona Key Grip
- Stem: Kona XC/BC 35
- Seatpost: TranzX Dropper +RAD Internal 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp: Kona Clamp
- Saddle: Kona Trail
More from this brand
- Kona Wo 2022 Bike£1,599.99
- Kona Rove AL 700 2022 Bike£949.99
- Kona Big Honzo DL 2022 Bike£1,699.99
- Kona Cinder Cone 2022 Bike£1,099.99
- Kona Mahuna 2022 Bike£949.99
- Kona Rove DL 2022 Bike£1,649.99
- Kona Rove AL / DL 2022 Bike£1,149.99
- Kona Lana'I 2022 Bike£699.99
- Kona Kahuna 2022 Bike£1,199.99
- Kona Rove AL 650b 2021 Bike£899.00