Kona Big Honzo DL 2021 Bike
|Colour||Gloss Metallic Emerald Green|
Kona has deep roots in the development of what mountain bikes have become today. Since the company's inception in 1988 it has been under the same founding members' wings, and their staff are passionate about the empowerment of the bicycle. Today their range is vast, spanning across nearly all disciplines and offering models at all price points to reach a broad market of cyclists.
The Big Honzo DL plays host to a bunch of upgrades for 2021. The new RockShox 35 Silver TK Solo Air fork provides 130mm of plush suspension. The Shimano Deore 12-speed drivetrain keeps things shifting smoothly and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes keep speed in control. The adjustable travel TransX dropper post ensures you're always in the optimal riding position, and tubeless-ready 27.5+ WTB rims and tyres keep you rolling over anything in your path.
- Frame Material: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Wheels: WTB ST i35 TCS 2.0 27.5"
- Front Suspension: 130mm
- Fork: RockShox 35 Silver TK Solo Air 130mm
- Crankset: Shimano Deore 12 spd
- Drivetrain: Shimano Deore 12 spd
- Brakes: Shimano MT401 Hydraulic with 180mm front/160mm rear rotor
- Seat Post: TranzX Dropper Internal 31.6mm
- Cockpit: Kona XC/BC 35 Bar/Kona XC/BC 35 Stem with Kona Key Grip Lock on
- Front Tire: WTB Ranger TCS 27.5 x 2.8"
- Rear tire: WTB Ranger TCS 27.5 x 2.8"
- Saddle: Kona Trail
Kona 6061 Aluminum
Kona 7005 and 6061 Aluminum alloys are used extensively throughout our fleet of mountain and asphalt bicycles. A tough, durable, light alloy, both Kona 7005 and 6061 deliver fantastic, reliable performance that lasts for thousands of rides. Much of our 7005 / 6061 tubing is butted and/or formed, meaning the tubing's wall thickness can be increased or decreased, as well as shaped, so we can fine-tune a particular frame's strength and ride characteristics depending on its intended application.
Bearing cups are actually pressed into the frame and are easily removable. An internal headset also reduces stack height, so the height of the stem and bars are more adjustable, giving the rider the best fit possible.
Tapered Head Tube
More girth at the bottom of the head tube better distributes shock force, prolonging the bearing life of the headset itself and eliminating brake shudder, while providing confident steering performance. The inherent strength of its triangular design also means a stronger steering position and improved balance, giving the rider more control in rough terrain. A zero-stack, tapered head tube also puts strength where the load is going-into the lower headset cup-maximizing bearing durability where it's needed.
Tubeless Compatible Rims
Tubeless rims allow for tyres with more puncture resistance; the ability to run lower tire pressure, which provides better tire grip on the trail; lower rolling resistance; and weight savings over traditional tube and tire systems.
12 x 148mm Axle
12 x 142mm, 12 x 148mm and 12 x 157mm rear axle standards provide two major advantages to the Kona rider: the 12mm diameter of the rear axle provides the rear hub and frame with a stiff interface, while the 142/148/157mm outer diameter of the hub allows the wheel to be quickly and properly positioned in the frame before the rear axle is inserted. For 2017, you'll see the 12 x 148mm Boost standard in the mix. Boost spacing provides more tire clearance at the chainstay yoke, while the rear wheel is stiffer and more durable relative to a 12x142 thru-axle.
The benefits of the 27.5-inch wheel are simple: they roll over obstacles and track better than 26-inch wheels, but are more maneuverable and nimble than 29-inch ones.
Register a new Kona bike within three months of purchase, and the original owner qualifies the Kona frame for a free Lifetime Warranty. Note: this does not apply to Kona Carbon models.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Forks: RockShox 35 Silver TK Solo Air 130mm Tapered 110mm Spacing
- Headset: FSA No.57B
- Crankset: Shimano Deore 12 Spd
- Chainrings: 32 Tooth
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano 73mm
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore 12 Speed
- Freewheel: Shimano Deore 10-51 Tooth 12 Speed
- Chain: Shimano Deore 12 Speed
- Shifters: Shimano Deore 12 Speed
- Brakes: Shimano MT401 Hydraulic
- Front Rotor: Shimano RT30 180mm (Centerlock)
- Rear Rotor: Shimano RT30 160mm (Centerlock)
- Brake Levers: Shimano MT401 Hydraulic
- Rims: WTB ST I35 TCS 2.0
- Front Hub: Shimano 110 x 15mm (Centerlock)
- Rear Hub: Shimano 148 x 12mm (Centerlock)
- Spokes: Stainless Black 14 Gauge
- Front Tyre: WTB Ranger TCS 27.5 x 2.8"
- Rear Tyre: WTB Ranger TCS 27.5 x 2.8"
- Handlebars: Kona XC/BC 35
- Grips: Kona Key Grip
- Stem: Kona XC/BC 35
- Seatpost: TranzX Dropper Internal 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp: Kona Clamp
- Saddle: Kona Trail
More from this brand
- Kona Wo 2022 Bike£1,599.99
- Kona Rove AL 700 2022 Bike£949.99
- Kona Big Honzo DL 2022 Bike£1,699.99
- Kona Cinder Cone 2022 Bike£1,099.99
- Kona Mahuna 2022 Bike£949.99
- Kona Rove DL 2022 Bike£1,649.99
- Kona Rove AL / DL 2022 Bike£1,149.99
- Kona Lana'I 2022 Bike£699.99
- Kona Kahuna 2022 Bike£1,199.99
- Kona Rove AL 650b 2021 Bike£899.00