Kona Big Honzo 2021 Bike
|Colour||Gloss Metallic Pinot Noir|
Kona has deep roots in the development of what mountain bikes have become today. Since the company's inception in 1988 it has been under the same founding members' wings, and their staff are passionate about the empowerment of the bicycle. Today their range is vast, spanning across nearly all disciplines and offering models at all price points to reach a broad market of cyclists.
The Big Honzo is a killer bike for the price. It's got everything you need and nothing you don't. Boost spacing and Shimano hubs hold WTB rims and 27.5+ Ranger tires. Shimano hydraulic disc brakes and a Deore 11-speed drivetrain keep the cockpit feel consistent and intuitive. This is the perfect bike for when you need a little extra grip rolling over tricky roots and rocks.
- Frame Material: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Wheels: WTB ST i35 TCS 2.0 27.5"
- Front Suspension: 130mm
- Fork: Suntour XCR34 LOR DS Coil Spring 130mm
- Crankset: Shimano MT5100
- Drivetrain: Shimano Deore 11 Speed
- Brakes: Shimano MT201 Hydraulic with 180mm front/160mm rear rotor
- Seat Post: TranzX Dropper Internal 31.6mm
- Cockpit: Kona XC/BC 35mm Bar/ Kona XC/BC 35 Stem with Kona Lock-on Key Grip
- Front Tire: WTB Ranger 27.5 x 2.8"
- Rear tire: WTB Ranger 27.5 x 2.8"
- Saddle: Kona Trail
Kona 6061 Aluminum
Kona 7005 and 6061 Aluminum alloys are used extensively throughout our fleet of mountain and asphalt bicycles. A tough, durable, light alloy, both Kona 7005 and 6061 deliver fantastic, reliable performance that lasts for thousands of rides. Much of our 7005 / 6061 tubing is butted and/or formed, meaning the tubing's wall thickness can be increased or decreased, as well as shaped, so we can fine-tune a particular frame's strength and ride characteristics depending on its intended application.
Bearing cups are actually pressed into the frame and are easily removable. An internal headset also reduces stack height, so the height of the stem and bars are more adjustable, giving the rider the best fit possible.
Tapered Head Tube
More girth at the bottom of the head tube better distributes shock force, prolonging the bearing life of the headset itself and eliminating brake shudder, while providing confident steering performance. The inherent strength of its triangular design also means a stronger steering position and improved balance, giving the rider more control in rough terrain. A zero-stack, tapered head tube also puts strength where the load is going-into the lower headset cup-maximizing bearing durability where it's needed.
Tubeless Compatible Rims
Tubeless rims allow for tyres with more puncture resistance; the ability to run lower tire pressure, which provides better tire grip on the trail; lower rolling resistance; and weight savings over traditional tube and tire systems.
12 x 148mm Axle
12 x 142mm, 12 x 148mm and 12 x 157mm rear axle standards provide two major advantages to the Kona rider: the 12mm diameter of the rear axle provides the rear hub and frame with a stiff interface, while the 142/148/157mm outer diameter of the hub allows the wheel to be quickly and properly positioned in the frame before the rear axle is inserted. For 2017, you'll see the 12 x 148mm Boost standard in the mix. Boost spacing provides more tire clearance at the chainstay yoke, while the rear wheel is stiffer and more durable relative to a 12x142 thru-axle.
The benefits of the 27.5-inch wheel are simple: they roll over obstacles and track better than 26-inch wheels, but are more maneuverable and nimble than 29-inch ones.
Register a new Kona bike within three months of purchase, and the original owner qualifies the Kona frame for a free Lifetime Warranty. Note: this does not apply to Kona Carbon models.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted
- Forks: Suntour XCR34 LOR DS Coil Spring 130mm
- Headset: FSA No.57B
- Crankset: Shimano MT5100
- Chainrings: 30 Tooth
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano 73mm
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
- Freewheel: Shimano Deore 11-51 Tooth 11 Speed
- Chain: KMC X11
- Shifters: Shimano Deore
- Brakes: Shimano MT201 Hydraulic
- Front Rotor: Shimano RT10 180mm (Centerlock)
- Rear Rotor: Shimano RT10 160mm (Centerlock)
- Brake Levers: Shimano MT201 Hydraulic
- Rims: WTB ST I35 TCS 2.0
- Front Hub: Shimano 110 x 15mm (Centerlock)
- Rear Hub: Shimano 148 x 12mm (Centerlock)
- Spokes: Stainless Black 14 Gauge
- Front Tyre: WTB Ranger 27.5 x 2.8"
- Rear Tyre: WTB Ranger 27.5 x 2.8"
- Handlebars: Kona XC/BC
- Grips: Kona Key Grip Slip On
- Stem: Kona XC
- Seatpost: TranzX Dropper Internal 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp: Kona Clamp
- Saddle: Kona Trail
- Pedals: Kona JS2
More from this brand
- Kona Wo 2022 Bike£1,599.99
- Kona Rove AL 700 2022 Bike£949.99
- Kona Big Honzo DL 2022 Bike£1,699.99
- Kona Cinder Cone 2022 Bike£1,099.99
- Kona Mahuna 2022 Bike£949.99
- Kona Rove DL 2022 Bike£1,649.99
- Kona Rove AL / DL 2022 Bike£1,149.99
- Kona Lana'I 2022 Bike£699.99
- Kona Kahuna 2022 Bike£1,199.99
- Kona Rove AL 650b 2021 Bike£899.00