Giant XTC Advanced 29 1 2020 Bike
|Colour||Gloss Charcoal/Matte Carbon|
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
With its large-diameter 29-inch wheels and lightweight Advanced-grade carbon frame, this smooth-riding hardtail eats up XC terrain. The frameset is engineered for a 100mm fork, and it's handcrafted with a specific carbon layup schedule that varies according to frame size to create the optimal stiffness-to-weight ratio with just the right amount of vertical compliance. The result is a bike that scoots up steep climbs and gives you added confidence and control on fast, flowy singletrack. It features wider Boost hub spacing, which improves wheel stiffness and adds clearance to run larger tyres, plus a host of other features that let you dial in its performance for nearly any type of terrain.
Lightweight and responsive: A hand-crafted Advanced-grade carbon frameset offers XC racers and riders a competitive advantage for climbing, accelerating and sprinting.
XC efficiency: The frame is engineered with a high stiffness-to-weight-ratio, which translates to efficient pedalling power and precise handling on the trail.
Custom compliance: Each frame is custom-tuned based on its size. Individual carbon lay-up schedules are created to optimise vertical compliance to produce a smoother ride quality on XC terrain.
Advanced Composite Technology: Giant’s High Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
OverDrive: Giant's original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/4" lower and 1 1/8" upper for road, 1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
Tubeless System: Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant’s Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
- Frame: Advanced-Grade Composite
- Fork: Fox 32 Float SC Performance 29", 100mm, GRIP damper, two-position remote lockout, Boost 15x110 QR, tapered
- Shock: n/a
- Handlebar: Giant Contact SL XC Flat, 780x31.8
- Stem: Giant Contact
- Seatpost: Giant Contact, composite, 30.9
- Saddle: Giant Contact SL (forward)
- Pedals: Not Included
- Shifters: Shimano Deore XT
- Front Derailleur: n/a
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT
- Brakes: Shimano Deore XT
- Brake Levers: Shimano Deore XT
- Cassette: Shimano SLX, 10x51
- Chain: Shimano
- Crankset: Shimano Deore XT, 32t
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano, press fit
- Rims: Giant XCR-1 29 Composite WheelSystem
- Hubs: Giant XCR-1 29 WheelSystem
- Spokes: Giant XCR-1 29 WheelSystem
- Tyres: Maxxis Recon Race 29x2.25, foldable, TLR, , EXO, tubeless
- Extras: Tubeless prepared
More from this brand
- Giant XTC Advanced SL 29 0 2020 Bike£7,999.00
- Giant Road E+ 2 Pro 2020 Electric Bike£3,499.00
- Giant Revolt Advanced 3 2020 Bike£1,749.00
- Giant Revolt 2 2020 Bike£1,049.00
- Giant Revolt 0 2020 Bike£1,499.00
- Giant Reign E+ 2 Pro 2020 Electric Bike£4,499.00
- Giant Reign E+ 1 Pro 2020 Electric Bike£4,999.00
- Giant Reign E+ 0 Pro 2020 Electric Bike£6,999.00
- Giant DailyTour E+ 2 2020 Electric Bike£2,699.00