Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Disc 2021 Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
A legend reborn. The bike that has been at the leading edge of road racing innovation for more than three decades is redesigned to be even lighter, stiffer and more aerodynamic. It's the ultimate all-rounder for the performance obsessed.
- Class-leading efficiency: With the highest pedalling stiffness-to-weight ratio of any bike in its class and updated aero tube shaping, this frameset is engineered to give Giant pro road racers superior climbing capabilities, aerodynamic efficiency and sprint stiffness for race-winning performance.
- Advanced aerodynamics: This is where the TCR's most quantifiable gains can be found compared to previous generation models. Every tube shape was analyzed, engineered and tested to create an overall structure with significantly lower drag at a wider range of yaw angles. The result is a TCR that's faster than ever in sprints and solo situations.
- Total Control: Integrated disc brakes deliver smooth, powerful stopping power and modulation for added control in variable weather and road conditions. Flat mounts and new thru-axles boost stiffness and improve overall handling, while added frame and fork clearance allows for larger diameter tyres up 32mm.
- Advanced SL Composite Technology: Professional Grade raw carbon fiber is woven in our composite factory to produce our lightest, stiffest and highest quality frames. This is the technology used by Giant's pro racers in almost every cycling discipline.
- Compact Road Design: Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
- Integrated Seatpost: Designed as a key performance factor in the overall frameset, the integrated seatpost saves up to 45 grams compared to standard composite posts, while improving aerodynamics and adding road-smoothing compliance.
- MegaDrive: A massive rectangular downtube and oversized toptube work in unison to provide superior front end lateral and torsional steering precision. The precisely engineered, rectangular shaped downtube yields unprecedented steering and pedaling stiffness.
- OverDrive 2: The most advanced steerer tube technology in today's Giant bikes. Designed to offer unprecedented front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/2" lower, 1 1/4" upper) and tapered steerer tube work in harmony to provide supreme steering stiffness.
- PowerCore: A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 86-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design (92-millimeter wide for off-road bikes). Asymmetric chainstays provide additional stiffness on the driveside and stability on the non-driveside.
- Tubeless System: Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
- RideSense Ready: This frame comes prepared to accept the Giant RideSense sensor and accompanying hardware.
- Hookless Rim Design: Hookless rim design enhances overall durability, offers a wider inner rim width without adding extra weight and also helps create a more round tire shape providing superior grip and handling as well as added sidewall support when cornering. Additionally, without the rim hook to "push" the tire bead inward, hookless rim design offers a more seamless airflow between the tire and the sidewall of the rim, resulting in less drag and improved aero performance when compared to standard hook-type rims.
- Frame: Advanced SL-Grade Composite, integrated seatpost, disc
- Fork: Advanced SL-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive 2 steerer, disc
- Handlebar: Giant Contact SLR
- Stem: Giant Contact SLR
- Seatpost: integrated design
- Saddle: Giant Fleet SLR
- Pedals: Not included
- Shifters: SRAM Force eTap AXS
- Front Derailleur: SRAM Force eTap AXS
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM Force eTap AXS
- Brakes: SRAM Force eTap AXS hydraulic
- Brake Levers: SRAM Force eTap AXS hydraulic
- Cassette: SRAM Force, 12-speed, 10x28
- Chain: SRAM Force D1
- Crankset: SRAM Force D1 DUB, 35/48 with Quarq DZero power meter
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB, press fit
- Rims: Giant SLR-1 42 Carbon Disc WheelSystem (F:42mm, R:42mm)
- Hubs: Giant SLR-1 42 Carbon Disc WheelSystem, 12mm thru-axle
- Spokes: Giant SLR-1 42 Carbon Disc WheelSystem
- Tyres: CADEX Road Race, tubeless, 700x25mm, folding
- Extras: Computer mount (Garmin/Wahoo/Giant compatible)