Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 Disc 2021 Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
Climb, corner and descend with unrivalled all-rounder performance. From the mountains to the flats, in all types of conditions, the new TCR Advanced Pro Disc takes it to the next level with a lighter, stiffer frame and new aero-engineered tubing.
- Class-leading efficiency: With an outstanding stiffness-to-weight ratio and updated aero tube shaping, this frameset is engineered to give road racers and riders superior climbing capabilities, aerodynamic efficiency and sprint stiffness for race-winning performance.
- Advanced aerodynamics: This is where the TCR's most quantifiable gains can be found compared to previous generation models. Every tube shape was analysed, engineered and tested to create an overall structure with significantly lower drag at a wider range of yaw angles. The result is a TCR that's faster than ever in sprints and solo situations.
- Total control: Integrated disc brakes deliver smooth, powerful stopping power and modulation for added control in variable weather and road conditions. Flat mounts and new thru-axles boost stiffness and improve overall handling, while added frame and fork clearance allows for larger diameter tyres up 32mm.
- Advanced Composite Technology: Giant's High Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
- Compact Road Design: Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
- MegaDrive: A massive rectangular downtube and oversized toptube work in unison to provide superior front end lateral and torsional steering precision. The precisely engineered, rectangular shaped downtube yields unprecedented steering and pedaling stiffness.
- OverDrive 2: The most advanced steerer tube technology in today's Giant bikes. Designed to offer unprecedented front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/2" lower, 1 1/4" upper) and tapered steerer tube work in harmony to provide supreme steering stiffness.
- Power Pro: Tracking your power output and training data has never been easier. The all-new Power Pro system from Giant delivers accurate information with an integrated system that's precise, reliable and simple to set up. The most effective training is smart training, so start training with power.
- PowerCore: A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 86-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design (92-millimeter wide for off-road bikes). Asymmetric chainstays provide additional stiffness on the driveside and stability on the non-driveside.
- RideSense Ready: This frame comes prepared to accept the Giant RideSense sensor and accompanying hardware.
- Tubeless System: Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
- Hookless Rim Design: Hookless rim design enhances overall durability, offers a wider inner rim width without adding extra weight and also helps create a more round tire shape providing superior grip and handling as well as added sidewall support when cornering. Additionally, without the rim hook to "push" the tire bead inward, hookless rim design offers a more seamless airflow between the tire and the sidewall of the rim, resulting in less drag and improved aero performance when compared to standard hook-type rims.
- Variant Seatpost: This proprietary seatpost design offers an optimized balance of light weight, superior ride quality and simple adjustment to enhance the total race performance of the TCR road range.
- Frame: Advanced-Grade Composite, disc
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive 2 steerer, disc
- Handlebar: Giant Contact SL
- Stem: Giant Contact SL
- Seatpost: Giant Variant, composite
- Saddle: Giant Fleet SL
- Pedals: Not included
- Shifters: Shimano Ultegra
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Brakes: Shimano Ultegra hydraulic
- Brake Levers: Shimano Ultegra hydraulic
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 11x30
- Chain: KMC X11SL-1
- Crankset: Shimano Ultegra, 36/52with Giant PowerPro power meter
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano, press fit
- Rims: Giant SLR-1 42 Carbon Disc WheelSystem (F:42mm, R:42mm)
- Hubs: Giant SLR-1 42 Carbon Disc WheelSystem, 12mm thru-axle
- Spokes: Giant SLR-1 42 Carbon Disc WheelSystem
- Tyres: Giant Gavia Course 1, tubeless, 700x25mm, folding
- Extras: Computer mount (Garmin/Wahoo/Giant compatible)