Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 2021 Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
From daily training rides to your biggest race of the year, this updated composite road racer features new aero tube shaping and added tyre clearance. Lightweight, stiff and ultra-efficient, it's pure all-rounder performance to help you aim for the podium.
- Class-leading efficiency: Lightweight composite materials and reengineered tubing shapes result is a livelier ride quality, explosive acceleration and improved climbing efficiency with greater torsional frame stiffness than key competitor bikes.
- Advanced aerodynamics: This is where the TCR's most quantifiable gains can be found compared to previous generation models. Every tube shape was analyzed, engineered and tested to create an overall structure with significantly lower drag at a wider range of yaw angles. The result is a TCR that's faster than ever in sprints and solo situations.
- Total control: An all-new composite fork boasts impressive torsional stiffness for unrivaled steering precision. And a composite Giant WheelSystem with tubeless technology allows you to run lower tyre pressures for increased grip and a reduced risk of punctures.
- Advanced Composite Technology: Giant's High Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
- Compact Road Design: Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
- MegaDrive: A massive rectangular downtube and oversized toptube work in unison to provide superior front end lateral and torsional steering precision. The precisely engineered, rectangular shaped downtube yields unprecedented steering and pedaling stiffness.
- OverDrive 2: The most advanced steerer tube technology in today's Giant bikes. Designed to offer unprecedented front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/2" lower, 1 1/4" upper) and tapered steerer tube work in harmony to provide supreme steering stiffness.
- Power Pro: Tracking your power output and training data has never been easier. The all-new Power Pro system from Giant delivers accurate information with an integrated system that's precise, reliable and simple to set up. The most effective training is smart training, so start training with power.
- PowerCore: A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 86-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design (92-millimeter wide for off-road bikes). Asymmetric chainstays provide additional stiffness on the driveside and stability on the non-driveside.
- RideSense Ready: This frame comes prepared to accept the Giant RideSense sensor and accompanying hardware.
- Tubeless System: Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
- Variant Seatpost: This proprietary seatpost design offers an optimized balance of light weight, superior ride quality and simple adjustment to enhance the total race performance of the TCR road range.
- Hookless Rim Design: Hookless rim design enhances overall durability, offers a wider inner rim width without adding extra weight and also helps create a more round tire shape providing superior grip and handling as well as added sidewall support when cornering. Additionally, without the rim hook to "push" the tire bead inward, hookless rim design offers a more seamless airflow between the tire and the sidewall of the rim, resulting in less drag and improved aero performance when compared to standard hook-type rims.
- Frame: Advanced-Grade Composite
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive 2 steerer
- Handlebar: Giant Contact SL
- Stem: Giant Contact SL
- Seatpost: Giant Variant, composite
- Saddle: Giant Fleet SL
- Pedals: Not included
- Shifters: Shimano Ultegra
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
- Brakes: Shimano Ultegra
- Brake Levers: Shimano Ultegra
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 11x30
- Chain: KMC X11SL-1
- Crankset: Shimano Ultegra, 36/52with Giant PowerPro power meter
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano, press fit
- Rims: Giant SLR-1 42 Carbon WheelSystem (F:42mm, R:42mm)
- Hubs: Giant SLR-1 42 Carbon WheelSystem
- Spokes: Giant SLR-1 42 Carbon WheelSystem
- Tyres: Giant Gavia AC 1, tubeless, 700x25mm, folding
- Extras: Computer mount (Garmin/Wahoo/Giant compatible)
More from this brand
- Giant Escape 0 Disc 2021 Bike£799.00
- Giant Contact Switch Dropper Seatpost£89.99RRP £134.99Save 33%
- Giant ARX 26-Inch 2020 Kids Bike£345.00
- Giant Propel Advanced 1 2020 Bike£2,099.00
- Giant FastRoad Advanced 1 2021 Bike£1,699.00
- Giant FastRoad Advanced 2 2021 Bike£1,499.00
- Giant Anthem Advanced Pro 29 1 2021 Bike£4,699.00