Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc AX 2022 Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
Gunning for the race win or digging deep for a PR, this composite road racing bike gives you the speed, efficiency and control to push it to the limit, and then a little bit more.
Key Performance Factors
With an impressive stiffness-to-weight ratio and updated aero tube shaping, this frameset is engineered to give road racers and riders superior climbing capabilities, aerodynamic efficiency and sprint stiffness for race-winning performance.
This is where the TCR's most quantifiable gains can be found compared to previous generation models. Every tube shape was analysed, engineered and tested to create an overall structure with significantly lower drag at a wider range of yaw angles.
Integrated disc brakes deliver smooth, powerful stopping power and modulation for added control in variable weather and road conditions. Flat mounts and new thru-axles boost stiffness and improve overall handling, while added frame and fork clearance allows for larger diameter tyres up to 32mm.
Advanced Composite Technology
Giant's High Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
Giant's original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/4" lower and 1 1/8" upper for road, 1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
Compact Road Design
Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
This frame comes prepared to accept the Giant RideSense sensor and accompanying hardware.
This proprietary seatpost design offers an optimized balance of light weight, superior ride quality and simple adjustment to enhance the total race performance of the TCR road range.
A massive rectangular downtube and oversized toptube work in unison to provide superior front end lateral and torsional steering precision. The precisely engineered, rectangular shaped downtube yields unprecedented steering and pedaling stiffness.
A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 86-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design (92-millimeter wide for off-road bikes). Asymmetric chainstays provide additional stiffness on the driveside and stability on the non-driveside.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Advanced-Grade Composite, Disc
- Forks: Advanced-Grade Composite, Full-Composite OverDrive Steerer, Disc
- Crankset: Shimano Tiagra, 34 / 50 Tooth Small: 170mm, Medium: 172.5mm, Medium / Large: 172.5mm, Large: 175mm, X-Large: 175mm
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano, Press Fit
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra GS Max 34 Tooth
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra
- Cassette: Shimano Tiagra, 10-Speed, 11 x 32 Tooth
- Chain: KMC X10-1
- Shifters: Shimano Tiagra 2 x 10
- Brakes: Shimano Tiagra Hydraulic, Giant Mph Rotors Front: 160mm, Rear: 140mm
- Brake Levers: Shimano Tiagra Hydraulic
- Rims: Giant P-R2 Disc Wheelset (22mm Inner Rim Width)
- Hubs: Giant P-R2 Disc Wheelset, 12mm Thru-Axle
- Spokes: Giant P-R2 Disc Wheelset
- Tyres: Giant Course 1, Tubeless, 700 x 25c (Effective Width 28mm), Folding
- Handlebars: Giant Contact Small: 40cm, Medium: 42cm, Medium / Large: 42cm, Large: 44cm, X-Large: 44cm
- Grips: Stratus Lite 2.0
- Stem: Giant Contact Small: 90mm, Medium: 100mm, Medium / Large: 110mm, Large: 110mm, X-Large: 120mm
- Seatpost: Giant Variant, Composite, -5/+15mm Offset
- Saddle: Giant Approach
- Pedals: Not Included