Giant Fathom E+ 2 2022 Electric Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
Take control of the trail with this fun new hardtail E-bike. Now you can climb with greater ease and ride farther—the perfect formula for an enjoyable day on the trail.
Key Performance Factor
Smooth power delivery
The SyncDrive Sport motor technology delivers smooth, instantaneous power to conquer all kinds of terrain and have more fun.
Balanced, confident handling
Lightweight aluminum frame with trail-friendly geometry, 120mm of front suspension travel, and stable 29-inch wheels with tubeless tires puts you in control on off-road terrain.
Integrated EnergyPak Smart with 500Wh of capacity is easy to charge up to 80 percent in 2.5 hours with our 6A Fast Charger.
How far can I expect to ride on a single battery charge?
The range for a single battery charge can vary greatly depending on conditions such as the combined weight of the rider and cargo; wind resistance; tyre pressure and tread profile; terrain and elevation changes; road or trail surface; outdoor temperature; maintenance of the E-Bike; and the condition of the battery.
The bar below gives an approximate range. Conditions are categorized as extreme, good and ideal. Extreme conditions typically occur when riding with a heavy load, strong headwinds or excessive climbs.
EnergyPak Smart 500 Ranges
- Extreme: 55km / 34 Miles
- Good: 110km / 68 Miles
- Idea: 180km / 111 Miles
Frame and Forks
- Frame: ALUXX Aluminum, Overdrive 1½ - 1⅛" Head Tube, 141mm Boost Quick Release, ISS, Giant EnergyPak Plus Range Extender Compatible, Integrated KS18 Kickstand Mount
- Forks: SR Suntour XCR 32 Coil LO Boost 29" 120mm travel, Tapered 1½ - 1⅛" steerer, lockout
- Crankset: FSA Comet E-Bike crank arm set FSA MegaTooth Direct-mount 1X steel 36 Tooth
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore, 10-speed, Shadow+
- Cassette: Shimano CS-M4100-10 11-46 Tooth 10-speed
- Chain: KMC e.10 Sport, e-bike optimised
- Shifters: Shimano Deore 1 x 10 speed
- Front Brakes: Tektro HD-M280, hydraulic disc, 180mm Rotor
- Rear Brakes: Tektro HD-M280, hydraulic disc, 180mm Rotor
- Brake Levers: Tektro HD-M280
- Rims: Giant XCT 29 Tubeless Ready 25mm e-bike optimised
- Front Hub: Shimano HB-MT401-B
- Rear Hub: Shimano FH-MT200-B
- Spokes: Stainless Steel
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Rekon 29 x 2.4", EXO, 60 TPI
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Rekon 29 x 2.4", EXO, 60 TPI
- Handlebars: Giant Connect TR Riser 31.8 x 780mm
- Stem: Giant Contact
- Seatpost: Giant 30.9mm, 2-bolt Micro Adjustable, Forged Aluminium
- Saddle: Giant Sport
- Pedals: Aluminum Platform
- Motor: SyncDrive Sport, 70Nm Powered by Yamaha
- Battery: EnergyPak Smart 500, 36V Integrated Lithium-Ion EnergyPak Plus range extender compatible
- Display: RideControl Dash, full color LCD screen
- Controller: RideControl Dash, full color LCD screen
- Charger: EnergyPak 4A smart charger compact