Giant FastRoad E+ EX Pro 2021 Electric Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
Travel fast in urban environments with this state-of-the-art mobility bike. It features a compact yet powerful motor that gives you smooth and instantaneous pedalling support so you can cruise up hills and ride longer distances.
Featuring a SyncDrive Pro motor that's powered by Yamaha, a new long-lasting Giant EnergyPak Smart Compact 500 battery, and a smooth-riding, lightweight aluminium frame, the FastRoad E+ EX Pro makes every trip faster and more fun. It's built with a compact SyncDrive Pro motor that delivers natural feeling power that blends seamlessly with your own pedalling forces so you can ride further and faster with less effort. It has a lightweight ALUXX SL aluminium frame and an integrated rack, fenders, light mount and kickstand-everything you need for your daily adventures.
- Urban travel: This state-of-the-art mobility bike features a SyncDrive Pro motor and a smooth-riding, lightweight aluminium frame equipped with a rack, fenders and kickstand.
- Integrated battery: The new EnergyPak Smart Compact 500 battery delivers long-lasting power and is smoothly integrated into the frame for sleek design.
- Extra range: Option to carry an EnergyPak Plus range extender, which provides 250Wh of additional power.
- Hybrid Cycling Technology:
Hybrid Cycling Technology is a system that combines electric power with human power to produce a smart, natural and powerful E-Bike riding experience. It's an integrated group of technologies that includes our RideControl control unit, EnergyPak battery systems and SyncDrive motor.
For more information, check out the link below.
- SyncDrive Pro: SyncDrive Pro powered by Yamaha is designed for high-performance E-Bike riding. Giant tuned the motor to make it more powerful, producing a performance-oriented riding style. The lightweight, compact SyncDrive Pro motor is used primarily on Giant's high-performance models.
- ALUXX SL Aluminium Technology: This High-Performance level, state-of-the-art Aluminium material is made predominantly from 6011 alloy and delivers best-in-class strength-to-weight ratios. These framesets also feature unique welding technologies for a high-performance ride quality.
- Smart Assist: All SyncDrive motors have Smart Assist technology, which adjusts the support to match the rider's needs. By using information from multiple sensors, both rider input and terrain feedback are used to determine the optimal amount of pedalling assistance. SyncDrive is the only e-bike system that utilizes both rider input and terrain feedback. It gives you a smooth, natural riding experience with ample power when you need it, while also conserving power when you don't need as much.
- D-Fuse Technology: The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar were designed to function as a system, absorbing road shocks and vibrations so you can ride farther, faster.
- RideDash Evo: The RideDash EVO is completely revised for 2021. It has a sportier outlook with a full-color display and graphics showing new functionalities to enhance the E-Bike riding experience. It has handlebar/stem integration options and a reliable, wired connection. The low-profile screen shows ride information including speed, distance, battery range and Navigation, heart rate and fitness require the app to be connected.
- RideControl Ergo: RideControl Ergo takes your E-Bike riding experience to new levels with optimized controls and a clean handlebar layout. The robust buttons are designed to use in all conditions with a comfortable feel and grip. The controls are thoughtfully designed with new LED lighting that shows your battery level and lets you switch between five support modes (Power, Sport, Active, Basic, Eco). It's also compatible with the new RideDash EVO, an integrated display that mounts on the handlebar/stem area and shows important ride date such as speed, distance and navigation.
- EnergyPak: Giant's latest EnergyPak battery systems feature streamlined designs that are integrated with the E-Bike for a sleek and modern profile. Giant E-Bikes offer several different EnergyPak options including the EnergyPak Smart and EnergyPak. Each one is designed to optimize the E-Bike experience for a specific style of riding.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: ALUXX SL Aluminium
- Forks: ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminium, 12 x 100 Thru-Axle
- Crankset: Forged Alloy Minimal Q-Factor, 42 Tooth
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano GRX RX400
- Cassette: Shimano Tiagra, 11-36 Tooth, 10 Speed
- Chain: KMC E.10 Sport
- Shifters: Shimano Tiagra, 10 Speed
- Brakes: Shimano BR-MT200, Hydraulic Disc, 180 / 160mm
- Brake Levers: Shimano BL-MT201
- Rims: Giant EX-2, Tubeless Ready
- Hubs: Giant Performance Tracker Road, Sealed Bearing
- Spokes: Sapim E-Lite [R] Race [F]
- Tyres: Kenda Kwick Seven.5 27.5 x 2.40" (61-584), 60TPI, With Reflex
- Handlebars: Giant Connect XC Riser 31.8 X 690mm
- Stem: Giant Contact
- Seatpost: Giant D-Shape, Aluminium
- Saddle: Giant Sport
- Pedals: Aluminium Platform
- Motor: Giant SyncDrive Pro
- Battery: Giant EnergyPak Smart Compact 500Wh
- Display: Giant RideDash EVO
- Controller: Giant RideControl Ergo
- Carrier: Giant Rack-It MIK
- Lights: Axa BlueLine 50 FrontAxa Blueline Rear
- Includes: Giant EnergyPak 6A Smart Charger, Giant EnergyPak Plus Range Extender Compatible