Giant Explore E+ 1 2021 Electric Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
Pick your destination and find joy in the journey. This new E-Bike is ideal for trekking, giving you the power to ride farther with a boost that's pure fun.
The new Explore E+ is engineered to help you make the most of every journey. The ALUXX SL aluminium frame features a step-through design, making it easier to mount and dismount while carrying bags or panniers. Its powerful and tuneable SyncDrive Sport motor and integrated EnergyPak provide a smooth, seamless boost of power so you can cover greater distances and conquer steep climbs. Its integrated rack mounts allow you to customise your cargo capacity, making it easier to carry the essentials for journeys near and far.
- Overall stability: The ALUXX aluminium frameset and SyncDrive Sport motor combine for smooth handling and acceleration on all types of roads from hills to flats.
- Explore new routes: The RideControl EVO with on-board navigation helps riders find their way, and smartphone connectivity makes it easy to keep the battery charged.
- Longer range: Explore E+ gives riders the freedom to ride farther with its EnergyPak Smart Battery.
- ALUXX SL Aluminium Technology: This High-Performance level, state-of-the-art Aluminium material is made predominantly from 6011 alloy and delivers best-in-class strength-to-weight ratios. These framesets also feature unique welding technologies for a high-performance ride quality.
- Hybrid Cycling Technology:
Hybrid Cycling Technology is a system that combines electric power with human power to produce a smart, natural and powerful E-Bike riding experience. It's an integrated group of technologies that includes our RideControl control unit, EnergyPak battery systems and SyncDrive motor.
For more information, check out the link below.
- SyncDrive Sport:
Innovation, manufacturing expertise and a motor system powered by Yamaha all combine to expand any rider's abilities. SyncDrive Sport offers three support modes and is equipped on E-Bikes that are used for both everyday riding and for more demanding off-road riding. This small mid-drive motor delivers a massive maximum 80Nm of torque and is widely acclaimed for its performance and reliability.
- Smart Assist: All SyncDrive motors have Smart Assist technology, which adjusts the support to match the rider's needs. By using information from multiple sensors, both rider input and terrain feedback are used to determine the optimal amount of pedalling assistance. SyncDrive is the only e-bike system that utilizes both rider input and terrain feedback. It gives you a smooth, natural riding experience with ample power when you need it, while also conserving power when you don't need as much.
- RideControl Ergo: RideControl Ergo takes your E-Bike riding experience to new levels with optimized controls and a clean handlebar layout. The robust buttons are designed to use in all conditions with a comfortable feel and grip. The controls are thoughtfully designed with new LED lighting that shows your battery level and lets you switch between five support modes (Power, Sport, Active, Basic, Eco). It's also compatible with the new RideDash EVO, an integrated display that mounts on the handlebar/stem area and shows important ride date such as speed, distance and navigation.
- RideDash Evo: The RideDash EVO is completely revised for 2021. It has a sportier outlook with a full-color display and graphics showing new functionalities to enhance the E-Bike riding experience. It has handlebar/stem integration options and a reliable, wired connection. The low-profile screen shows ride information including speed, distance, battery range and Navigation, heart rate and fitness require the app to be connected.
- EnergyPak: Giant's latest EnergyPak battery systems feature streamlined designs that are integrated with the E-Bike for a sleek and modern profile. Giant E-Bikes offer several different EnergyPak options including the EnergyPak Smart and EnergyPak. Each one is designed to optimize the E-Bike experience for a specific style of riding.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: ALUXX SL Aluminium, Overdrive 1½ - 1⅛" Head Tube, Integrated KS18 Kickstand Mount, Compatible With Fenders
- Forks: SR Suntour NEX E25 NLO 63mm Travel 15AH
- Crankset: Forged Alloy Minimal Q-Factor, 36 / 48 Tooth
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore, 10 Speed, Shadow+
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore
- Cassette: Shimano CS-M4100, 11-42 Tooth, 10 Speed
- Chain: KMC E.10 Sport, E-Bike Optimized
- Shifters: Shimano Deore
- Brakes: Shimano BR-MT200, Hydraulic Disc, 180mm
- Brake Levers: Shimano BL-MT200
- Rims: Giant EX 2, Tubeless Ready, 700c Aluminium
- Hubs: Giant ETracker, [F] 15mm Axle [R] 135mm Quick Release
- Spokes: Stainless Steel
- Tyres: Giant Crosscut Gravel 2, 700 x 45c (622 x 45), Tubeless Ready, Reflex (Max Tyre Width Possible: 47mm)
- Handlebars: Giant Connect XC Riser 31.8mm x 690mm
- Stem: Giant Contact
- Seatpost: Giant 30.9mm, 2-Bolt Micro Adjustable, Forged Aluminium
- Saddle: Selle Royal Vivo Ergo Moderate
- Pedals: Aluminium Platform
- Motor: Giant SyncDrive Sport
- Battery: Giant EnergyPak Smart 500, 36V Integrated Lithium-Ion
- Display: Giant RideDash EVO
- Controller: Giant RideControl Ergo 2
- Carrier: MIK Rack. System Bag & Basket Compatible
- Lights: Axa BlueLine 50Lux Steady E6 FrontAxa BlueLine Steady E6 Rear
- Includes: Giant EnergyPak Smart 6A Charger, Giant EnergyPak Plus Range Extender Compatible
- Weight: 22.4kg