Giant Defy Advanced Pro 3 2021 Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
Go longer, go faster, and smooth out rough roads with a frameset and integrated components that are engineered for compliance. From gran fondos to epic solo rides, this lightweight composite bike is everything you need for your most challenging days.
With the perfect blend of stiffness and compliance, Defy Advanced Pro delivers a smooth, fast ride quality even on rough roads. Its innovative technologies include a D-Fuse composite seatpost and Contact SLR D-Fuse composite handlebar (Pro 1 and Pro 2 models). These integrated cockpit components work as a system to add compliance and reduce road shocks and vibrations. The Advanced-grade composite frame is also integrated for disc brakes, with flat-mount disc brake tabs and 12mm front and rear thru-axles, plus clearance for high-volume tyres up to 35mm. The oversized and tapered OverDrive 2 steerer tube boosts cornering precision, while the MegaDrive downtube and PowerCore bottom bracket deliver precise handling and class-leading pedalling efficiency.
- Engineered compliance: Advanced Composite frame is specifically engineered for endurance road riding, delivering a smoother ride quality and less fatigue on long rides. The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar system works seamlessly with the frame to absorb road shocks and vibrations.
- Total control: Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Versatility: Endurance road geometry, added tyre clearance (up to 35mm) and disc-brake integration allow you to tackle a variety of roads and conditions, from smooth pavement to rugged backroads and mountain passes. The bike is also fully equipped to accommodate mudguards with mounts on the front drop outs, the back of fork crown, rear drop outs, back of seat tube and with a bolt in seat stay bridge.
- Advanced Composite Technology: Giant's High Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
- Compact Road Design: Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping top tube (from the headtube to the seat tube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
- RideSense: Giant's chainstay integrated, wireless data transmitter. The removable transmitter sends wheel speed and cadence information directly to any ANT+ compatible computer.
- Tubeless System: Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
- OverDrive 2: The most advanced steerer tube technology in today's Giant bikes. Designed to offer unprecedented front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/2" lower, 1 1/4" upper) and tapered steerer tube work in harmony to provide supreme steering stiffness.
- D-Fuse Technology: The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar were designed to function as a system, absorbing road shocks and vibrations so you can ride farther, faster.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Advanced-Grade Composite, Disc. Compatible With Fenders
- Forks: Advanced-Grade Composite, Full-Composite OverDrive 2 Steerer, Disc
- Crankset: Shimano 105, 34 / 50 Tooth
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano, Press Fit
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105
- Cassette: Shimano 105, 11 x 34 Tooth
- Chain: KMC X11SL-1
- Shifters: Shimano 105
- Brakes: Shimano 105 Hydraulic
- Brake Levers: Shimano 105 Hydraulic
- Rims: Giant SLR-2 42 Carbon Disc WheelSystem
- Hubs: Giant SLR-2 42 Carbon Disc WheelSystem, 12mm Thru-Axle
- Spokes: Giant SLR-2 42 Carbon Disc WheelSystem
- Tyres: Giant Gavia Fondo 1, Tubeless, 700 x 32c, Folding (Max Tyre Width Possible: 35mm)
- Handlebars: Giant Contact SL D-Fuse
- Stem: Giant Contact SL
- Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse, Composite
- Saddle: Contact Fleet SL
- Pedals: Not Included
- Includes: RideSense Bluetooth, Computer Mount, Tubeless Prepared