Giant Defy Advanced 2 2022 Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
Choose the longer route. Climb higher mountains. This smooth-riding endurance road bike is made for long-distance rides on all types of roads.
Key Performance Factors
Advanced Composite frame is specifically engineered for endurance road riding, giving you a smooth ride quality and less fatigue on long rides. The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar absorb road shocks and vibrations.
Seamless disc brake integration, including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles, produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
Endurance road geometry, added tyre clearance (up to 35mm) and disc-brake integration allow you to tackle a variety of roads and conditions, from smooth pavement to rugged mountain passes
Advanced Composite Technology
Giant's High Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar were designed to function as a system, absorbing road shocks and vibrations so you can ride farther, faster.
iant's original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/4" lower and 1 1/8" upper for road, 1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
Compact Road Design
Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
This frame comes prepared to accept the Giant RideSense sensor and accompanying hardware.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Advanced-Grade Composite, Disc
- Forks: Advanced-Grade Composite, Full-Composite OverDrive Steerer, Disc
- Crankset: Shimano FC-R510, 34 / 50 Tooth X-Small: 170mm, Small: 170mm, Medium: 172.5mm, Medium / Large: 172.5mm, Large: 175mm, X-Large: 175mm
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano, Press Fit
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 GS Max 34 Tooth
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105
- Cassette: Shimano 105, 11 x 34 Tooth
- Chain: KMC X11EL-1
- Shifters: Shimano 105 2 x 11
- Brakes: Shimano 105 Hydraulic, Giant Mph Rotors Front: 160mm, Rear: 140mm
- Brake Levers: Shimano 105
- Rims: Giant P-R2 Disc Wheelset (22mm Inner Rim Width)
- Hubs: Giant P-R2 Disc Wheelset, 12mm Thru-Axle
- Spokes: Giant P-R2 Disc Wheelset
- Tyres: Giant Gavia Fondo 1, Tubeless, 700 x 32c (Effective Width 33.5mm), Folding
- Handlebars: Giant Contact SL D-Fuse X-Small: 40cm, Small: 40cm, Medium: 42cm, Medium / Large: 42cm, Large: 44cm, X-Large: 44cm
- Grips: Stratus Lite 3.0
- Stem: Giant Contact X-Small: 80mm, Small: 90mm, Medium: 100mm, Medium / Large: 110mm, Large: 110mm, X-Large: 110mm
- Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse, Composite, 14mm Offset
- Saddle: Giant Approach
- Pedals: Not Included