Giant Defy Advanced 2 2021 Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
Choose the longer route. Climb higher mountains. This smooth-riding endurance road bike is purpose-built to help you tackle long-distance road rides on all types of roads.
Handcrafted with Advanced-grade composite material, the Defy Advanced is engineered with tube shapes that are optimised to absorb road shocks and vibrations. Even with its smooth ride quality, it still delivers a lightweight, stiff and lively feel when you're climbing, accelerating and cornering. It's made with a specific carbon layup to give it an efficient, high-performance ride quality that helps you push new limits of endurance. The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar system also help reduce road vibrations, adding to its smooth, compliant feel on the road. A tubeless Giant WheelSystem and tyres boost speed and efficiency with a reduced risk of flats. And for added control, it features integrated disc brakes with flat-mount disc brake tabs and 12mm thru-axles.
- Engineered compliance: Advanced Composite frame is specifically engineered for endurance road riding, delivering a smoother ride quality and less fatigue on long rides. The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar system works seamlessly with the frame to absorb road shocks and vibrations.
- Total control: Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Versatility: Endurance road geometry, added tyre clearance (up to 35mm) and disc-brake integration allow you to tackle a variety of roads and conditions, from smooth pavement to rugged backroads and mountain passes. The bike is also fully equipped to accommodate mudguards with mounts on the front drop outs, the back of fork crown, rear drop outs, back of seat tube and with a bolt in seat stay bridge.
- Advanced Composite Technology: Giant's High Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
- Compact Road Design: Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping top tube (from the headtube to the seat tube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
- OverDrive: Giant's original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/4" lower and 1 1/8" upper for road, 1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
- D-Fuse Technology: The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar were designed to function as a system, absorbing road shocks and vibrations so you can ride farther, faster.
- Tubeless System: Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Advanced-Grade Composite, Disc. Compatible With Fenders
- Forks: Advanced-Grade Composite, Full-Composite OverDrive Steerer, Disc
- Crankset: Shimano FC-R510, 34 / 50 Tooth
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano, Press Fit
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105
- Cassette: Shimano 105, 11 x 34 Tooth
- Chain: KMC X11EL-1
- Shifters: Shimano 105
- Brakes: Shimano 105 Hydraulic
- Brake Levers: Shimano 105
- Rims: Giant P-R2 Disc Wheelset
- Hubs: Giant P-R2 Disc Wheelset, 12mm Thru-Axle
- Spokes: Giant P-R2 Disc Wheelset
- Tyres: Giant Gavia Fondo 1, Tubeless, 700 x 32c, Folding (Max Tyre Width Possible: 35mm)
- Handlebars: Giant Contact SL D-Fuse
- Stem: Giant Contact
- Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse, Composite
- Saddle: Giant Approach
- Pedals: Not Included
- Includes: Tubeless Prepared
- Weight: Approx 9.1kg (Medium)