Giant Contend 1 2021 Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
Smooth, fast and fun. This versatile aluminium road bike has been revamped to give it a well-rounded performance ride quality. It's the perfect choice to help you push the pace, ride more miles, and expand your road riding experience.
- Balanced road geometry: Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
- Smooth ride quality: Innovative D-Fuse seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations, and a Giant WheelSystem lets you run tubeless tyres up to 32mm for a smoother ride quality and reduced risk of flats.
- Total control: Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- ALUXX Aluminum Technology: This Performance level frame material features 6061 alloy with single-butted tubes to produce strong, lightweight framesets for a variety of different bikes and riding styles.
- Compact Road Design: Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
- D-Fuse Technology: The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar were designed to function as a system, absorbing road shocks and vibrations so you can ride farther, faster.
- OverDrive: Giant's original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/4" lower and 1 1/8" upper for road, 1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
- Tubeless System: Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
- Frame: ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer
- Handlebar: Giant Connect
- Stem: Giant Sport
- Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse, alloy
- Saddle: Giant Approach
- Pedals: Not included
- Shifters: Shimano Sora
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora
- Brakes: Tektro TK-B177
- Brake Levers: Shimano Sora
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG400, 11x34
- Chain: KMC X9
- Crankset: Shimano Sora, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket: cartridge
- Rims: Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Hubs: Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Spokes: Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Tyres: Giant S-R3 AC, 700x25mm, folding
- Extras: tubeless prepared
More from this brand
- Giant ARX 26-Inch 2020 Kids Bike£345.00
- Giant Propel Advanced 1 2020 Bike£2,099.00
- Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 2021 Bike£3,299.00
- Giant FastRoad Advanced 1 2021 Bike£1,699.00
- Giant FastRoad Advanced 2 2021 Bike£1,499.00
- Giant Anthem Advanced Pro 29 1 2021 Bike£4,699.00
- Giant Reign 29 2 2021 Bike£2,999.00