Genesis Croix De Fer 20 2018 Bike
Genesis is a UK bike brand specialising in no-nonsense road, touring, urban and mountain bikes for adults and children. Ranging from great value models upto competition-ready racers and with the dire UK weather in mind, they are generally suited to mixed weather conditions and offer comfortable geometries.
The Croix De Fer is a modern classic that lets you push hard and explore more. Traditional road geometry makes distance easy and comfy, and the utilisation of heavier duty components such as full Chromoly steel tubing, high volume tyres, a wide range cassette and disc brakes to allow you to attack sketchier roads and non-tarmac routes much more confidently.
the CDF 20 is the mid spec model in the range which uses Reynolds 725 heat-treated Chromoly for the frameset and features a full Shimano Tiagra 10-speed groupset with TRP Hy-Rd hydro/mechanical disc brakes for sharp and reliable all-round performance. The 35c adventure tyres have plenty of traction with a high pressure rating for excellent mixed weather and mixed terrain reliability. Also the frameset is pannier rack and mudguard compatible to make it even more of a versatile companion that can take you anywhere.
The Croix De Fer is fit for anybody who wants a smile on their face and it won't back down when it gets rough. Stick to the roads or shoot off onto the trails, get away with a tent for the weekend, beat some Strava times, get to work in true fuel-saving style, it's a do-it-all drop bar weapon.
Frame and Forks
Frame: Reynolds 725 Heat-Treated Chromoly, QR Dropout, Rack/Mudguard Eyelets
Fork: Chromoly, QR Dropout, Rack/Mudguard Eyelets
Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra Double
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra 10-Speed
Cassette: Shimano HG500 10-Speed, 11-34T
Chain: KMC X10
Crankset: Shimano Tiagra, 50-34T Rings, 165-175mm Arms (Size dependent)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Sealed Cartridge, Threaded
Shifters: Shimano Tiagra 2x10-Speed
Brakes: TRP HY-RD Mechanical/Hydraulic Disc, 160mm Rotors
Brake Levers: Shimano Tiagra Mechanical
Rims: Jalco SR240D Alloy, 700c
Hubs: KT Alloy Disc, QR Axles, Looseball Bearings
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Tyres: Clement Xplor USH Tubeless, 700x35c
Handlebar: Genesis X-Race Pro, 16 Deg Flare, 400-440mm (Size dependent)
Grips: Velo Cork/Gel Tape
Headset: Prestine 1-1/8" Cartridge
Stem: Genesis Alloy 100mm
Seatpost: Genesis Alloy, 27.2mm
Saddle: Genesis Road Comfort
Pedals: Alloy Platform w/ Toe Stap
If you are unsure about sizing, we recommend test riding one of our in-stock bikes.
Model specific size guides can also be found on the manufacturer's website.
More from this brand
- Genesis Longitude 27.5-Inch 2019 Bike£899.99 £899.99RRP £1199.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Tour De Fer 10 2020 Bike£959.99 £959.99RRP £1199.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 10 2020 Bike£879.99 £879.99RRP £1099.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Tour De Fer 30 2020 Bike£1,439.99 £1439.99RRP £1799.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer Ti 2020 Bike£3,039.99 £3039.99RRP £3799.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Tour De Fer 20 2020 Bike£1,199.99 £1199.99RRP £1499.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer Ti 2019 Frameset£1,839.99 £1839.99RRP £2299.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer Ti 2019 Bike£2,599.99 £2599.99RRP £3699.99Save 30%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 20 2020 Bike£1,079.99 £1079.99RRP £1349.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 20 ALT 2020 Bike£1,079.99 £1079.99RRP £1349.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving