Forme Cubley 18-Inch 2020 Kids Bike-Pink
Our all new lightweight Cubley range has been pulled together following years of questioning, real world testing and observing to provide what we believe to be the perfect, affordable, junior bike ranging from the first 14” light weight pedal bike.
We make no compromises with our range and provide lighter bikes, ergonomically designed to match junior anatomy with proportionally fitted components. For this reason, we can guarantee young children will learn to ride faster and more confidently than they would on many conventional size junior bikes.
- Lightweight alloy frame. Driven by Junior specific crank set and freewheel. Rolling on lightweight 20H wheels and Kenda Small Block Eight tyres. Finished with a compact, lightweight, one piece handlebar and stem and junior specific saddle.
- Weight matters - The Cubley 18 only weighs 7.56kg making this one of lightest bikes in the world for it’s price point and specification! Less weight helps smaller riders start easier, accelerate faster and handle the bike with more control.
- Narrow handlebar and shorter stem - Narrow handlebars with integrated stem help reduce weight and improve stiffness and safety by eliminating any tightening bolts. Our handlebar width is based on the typical shoulder width of the rider and the stem length is shorter, helping to reduce reach.
- Junior specific saddle - The Cubley saddle is sized for smaller riders with length and width optimized, ensuring the rider position is correct for both comfort and reach.
- Wheels and tyres - The weight of all wheel components are considered to keep them as light as possible which helps to improve steering, and acceleration.
- Frame size and shape - Forme frames are made from narrow, lightweight aluminium tubing with a low step over. A compact frame ensures the rider can ride with the largest wheel possible for their size and this help young riders to ride over much tougher terrain.
- Pedals - Our pedals are carefully considered. If the platform is too long it is easy to fall into the habit of applying pressure with the heel instead of the ball of the foot, losing power and causing the foot to slip. Equally, if the pedal is too wide, the legs can become too wide apart, reducing efficiency.
- Cranks design - Crank length and Q-factor (distance between the 2 cranks) are 2 measurements which are very difficult to get right. With the help of many young test riders, we believe our testing has helped us find the perfect balance!
- Internal components - We had a “no-shortcuts” policy when developing our Cubley range. For example the headset (the part which joins the fork to the frame) is fully internal and hidden to provide a longer-lasting bike to ride in British conditions.
- Frame: Forme Alloy 6061
- Cable Routing: External
- Fork: Forme Chromoly
- Crankset: Alloy Single Ring 28T 114mm
- Cassette/Freewheel: Single Speed Freewheel
- Chain: KMC Single Speed
- Bottom Bracket: Square Tapper Cartridge Bearing
- Brakes: Tektro V Brake
- Handlebars: Forme Alloy one piece handlebar and stem
- Headset: Alloy Integrated 1 1/8"
- Bar Tape/Grips: Forme Comfort Rubber
- Stem: Forme Alloy one piece handlebar and stem
- Saddle: Forme Junior Comfort
- Seat Post: Forme Alloy 27.2mm
- Pedals: Forme Platform
- Wheel Size: 18"
- Wheelset: Forme Alloy 20H Nutted
- Tyres: Deli 18"x 1.5"
- Weight: 7.56kg