Giant Fathom E+ Pro 2 2021 Electric Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
Ride rough roads, paths or singletrack with power and control. This new off-road E-Bike helps you conquer hills and challenging terrain in a whole new way.
The all-new Fathom E+ Pro is built on a lightweight ALUXX SL aluminium frame with trail-friendly geometry. It has the new RideControl Ergo that features simple, intuitive handlebar control buttons. New this year is the EnergyPak Smart Compact 625 battery with range extender compatibility. Built to ride on a variety of terrain, from mild XC trails to more challenging technical terrain, this hardtail is specially designed for balanced, stable handling with its 29-inch wheels. The SyncDrive Pro motor gives you 360 percent tuneable power, and you can adjust it exactly the way you want. The frame is fitted with a 130mm suspension fork, and the RideControl App connects you with health, fitness and navigation functions.
- Integrated design: 625Wh EnergyPak is integrated into the downtube. The RideControl Ergo handlebar has RideDash EVO display compatibility and control buttons that connect with the RideControl App for health, fitness and navigation functions.
- Total control: SyncDrive Pro motor technology gives you 360 percent tuneable power so you can adjust your E-Bike to ride just the way you like.
- Balanced, confident handling: Lightweight, durable aluminium frame is specially designed for 29-inch wheels and a 130mm suspension fork for smooth off-road control.
- ALUXX SL Aluminium Technology: This High-Performance level, state-of-the-art Aluminium material is made predominantly from 6011 alloy and delivers best-in-class strength-to-weight ratios. These framesets also feature unique welding technologies for a high-performance ride quality.
- Hybrid Cycling Technology:
Hybrid Cycling Technology is a system that combines electric power with human power to produce a smart, natural and powerful E-Bike riding experience. It's an integrated group of technologies that includes our RideControl control unit, EnergyPak battery systems and SyncDrive motor.
For more information, check out the link below.
- Tubeless System: Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
- Smart Assist: All SyncDrive motors have Smart Assist technology, which adjusts the support to match the rider's needs. By using information from multiple sensors, both rider input and terrain feedback are used to determine the optimal amount of pedalling assistance. SyncDrive is the only e-bike system that utilizes both rider input and terrain feedback. It gives you a smooth, natural riding experience with ample power when you need it, while also conserving power when you don't need as much.
- SyncDrive Pro: SyncDrive Pro powered by Yamaha is designed for high-performance E-Bike riding. Giant tuned the motor to make it more powerful, producing a performance-oriented riding style. The lightweight, compact SyncDrive Pro motor is used primarily on Giant's high-performance models.
- RideControl Ergo: RideControl Ergo takes your E-Bike riding experience to new levels with optimized controls and a clean handlebar layout. The robust buttons are designed to use in all conditions with a comfortable feel and grip. The controls are thoughtfully designed with new LED lighting that shows your battery level and lets you switch between five support modes (Power, Sport, Active, Basic, Eco). It's also compatible with the new RideDash EVO, an integrated display that mounts on the handlebar/stem area and shows important ride date such as speed, distance and navigation.
- EnergyPak: Giant's latest EnergyPak battery systems feature streamlined designs that are integrated with the E-Bike for a sleek and modern profile. Giant E-Bikes offer several different EnergyPak options including the EnergyPak Smart and EnergyPak. Each one is designed to optimize the E-Bike experience for a specific style of riding.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: ALUXX SL Aluminium, Overdrive 1½ - 1⅛" Head Tube, 148mm x 12mm Thru-Axle, Integrated KS18 Kickstand Mount, Compatible With Fenders
- Forks: SR Suntour Raidon 34 Boost Air LOR, 130mm Travel, Tapered 1½ - 1⅛" Steerer, Lockout
- Crankset: Praxis Wavetm 36 Tooth Cold Forged 4130 Premium Steel Praxis E-Cadet+ Custom Forged Crankarm Set
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore, 11 Speed, Shadow+
- Cassette: Shimano CS-M5100 11-51 Tooth 11 Speed
- Chain: KMC E11 Sport EPT E-Bike Optimized
- Shifters: Shimano Deore, 11 Speed
- Brakes: Shimano BR-MT200, Hydraulic Disc, 180mm [F&R]
- Brake Levers: Shimano BL-MT200
- Rims: Giant XCT 29 Tubeless Ready 25mm E-Bike Optimised
- Hubs: Giant ETracker Boost, Sealed Cartridge Bearing, 6-Bolt, [F] 110mm x 15mm [R] 148mm x 12mm Thru-Axle
- Spokes: Stainless Steel
- Tyres: Maxxis DHF 29 x 2.5"" WT Foldable 60 TPI TLR EXO [F] Maxxis Aggressor 29 x 2.5"" WT Foldable 60 TPI TLR EXO [R] (Max Tyre Width 2.4" Rear, 2.5" Front)
- Handlebars: Giant Connect TR Riser 31.8 x 780mm
- Stem: Giant Contact
- Seatpost: Giant 30.9mm, 2-Bolt Micro Adjustable, Forged Aluminium
- Saddle: Giant Sport
- Pedals: Aluminium Platform
- Motor: Giant SyncDrive Pro
- Battery: Giant EnergyPak Smart 625, 36V Integrated Lithium-Ion
- Display: Wireless Display Compatible (ANT+ And Bluetooth)
- Controller: Giant RideControl Ergo
- Includes: Giant EnergyPak 6A Smart Charger
- Weight: 19.5kg (Medium)