Fulcrum Racing Wind 40C Non-Disc Wheelset
Fulcrum is a subsidiary brand of Campagnolo that produces Alloy and Carbon wheels for road and mountain bikes. Initially developed so that Campagnolo could produce wheels compatible with brake and drive systems by Shimano and SRAM, allowing Campagnolo to retain its exclusivity. However Fulcrum still produce Campagnolo-compatible wheels.
The Fulcrum Wind 40 wheels focus on aerodynamics and versatility.
It's easy to see that the design of the 40 mm rim is the direct descendant of the Speed 55 wheel: all the features developed for the range topping wheelsets have been included here, in a more versatile version.
The Wind 40 has 40 mm deep, lightweight rim, created by the superposition of wide, modern unidirectional carbon layers, with a pronounced profile (8 mm radius). The design incorporates innovative shapes, designed to provide a smooth transition between the tyre and the rim eliminating turbulence.
The wheelset is completed with aluminium hubs, which support 24 straight-pull spokes. This guarantees maximum overall rigidity both in acceleration and when braking, without lateral movement due to the asymmetric nature of the forces coming from the disc and cassette.
- Discipline: Road / Triathlon
- Weight: 1550g
- Rim Material: Carbon
- Rim Height: 40mm
- Rim Width: 24mm
- Internal Rim Width: 17mm
- Tyre Width: 23mm - 50mm
- Front Wheel Spokes: 18 (9 left - 9 right)
- Rear Wheel Spokes: 21 (7 left - 14 right)
- Spoke Material: Stainless steel, double butted
- Hubs: Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- Axles: 9mm QR Front/Rear
- Bearings: Sealed cartridge
More from this brand
- Fulcrum Racing Red Zone 5 29er Non-Boost 2019 Wheelset£217.49RRP £289.99Save 25%
- Fulcrum Racing 4 DB WheelsetFrom £299.99Save up to 33%
- Fulcrum Racing 6 DB WheelsetFrom £254.99Save up to 25%
- Fulcrum Speed 55C C17 Carbon Clincher WheelsetFrom £1,612.49Save up to 25%
- Fulcrum Speed 55 DB Wheelset£1,349.99RRP £1799.99Save 25%
- Fulcrum Racing Wind 40 DB Disc Wheelset£824.99RRP £1099.99Save 25%