Genesis Vagabond 2021 Bike
Genesis is a UK bike brand specialising in no-nonsense road, touring, urban and mountain bikes for adults and children. Ranging from great value models upto competition-ready racers and with the dire UK weather in mind, they are generally suited to mixed weather conditions and offer comfortable geometries.
Vagabond is a monstercross bike in the loosest sense of the term; the illegitimate lovechild of a road and mountain bike, a 'frankenbike' that has long been the staple of shed tinkerers, the result of many an experimental 'I wonder if...' spare parts box builds.
The late, great Steve Worland summed them up nicely as "...the perfect cross-dresser for those long, steady rides that encompass a bit of everything." Tourer, commuter, ruffty tuffy road bike, the Vagabond will happily turn it's hand to most disciplines with as much as a simple tyre swap.
We've uprated the frameset to utilise Reynolds' benchmark 725 steel which further enhances the ride qualities, while modernising the dropouts to bring 12mm thru-axles into the game.
In keeping with its off-road persuasions, a 1X Sram Apex drivetrain with a 36-tooth chainring keeps things moving forward over all terrains, with the mountain-bike style 29er wheels and tyres rolling over the worst of any rough stuff.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Steel Crossbar Design
- Forks: Chromoly Disc Fork With Anything Cage Mounts 12mm
- Headset: PT-1770 EC34 Upper / EC34 Lower
- Chainset: SRAM Stylo 36 Tooth Small = 170mm, Medium, X-Large = 175mm
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP XR 73mm
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM Apex 1 Long Cage 11 Speed
- Cassette: SRAM PG1130 11-42 Tooth
- Chain: KMC X11
Braking / Shifting
- Brake Levers: SRAM Apex 1 11 Speed
- Brakes: Tektro Spyre-C Mechanical Disc
- Shifters: SRAM APEX 1 11spd
- Rims: WTB ST I25 TCS 2.0
- Hubs: Formula Front - CL-712 / Rear RXC-142A
- Spokes: Steel 14G
- Tyres: Kenda Saber Pro 29 x 2.1 Tubeless Ready
- Handlebars: Genesis Alloy 16 Deg Flare Small, Medium = 440mm, Large = 460mm, X-Large = 480mm
- Bar Tape: Genesis
- Stem: Genesis Alloy -/+17deg 100mm
- Seatpost: Genesis Alloy 27.2 x 400mm
- Saddle: Genesis