Genesis Day One LTD 2018 Bike
Genesis is a UK bike brand specialising in no-nonsense road, touring, urban and mountain bikes for adults and children. Ranging from great value models upto competition-ready racers and with the dire UK weather in mind, they are generally suited to mixed weather conditions and offer comfortable geometries.
The Day One LTD is the urban utility bike we could all find a use for. With a good solid Chromoly frameset construction, robust high volume 700c hybrid wheels, heavy duty pannier rack, dynamo powered lights and full mudguards, it's pretty much ready for any job. Do the big shop, blast through traffic to the office, camp for a few days, load up the tackle box and go fishing up the canal, even load up some shovels and go trail digging, whatever!
The Shimano Nexus 8-speed internally geared hub and mechanical disc brakes allow the bike to function with minimal but periodic maintenance, meaning you can put the thoughts of getting your hands black at the roadside in the sleet to the back of your mind if you're 200 miles from home. Additionally, if you are 200 miles from home and you need a boost of power in say your mobile phone or GPS, the cockpit features a USB charge port routed to the dynamo for a virtually unlimited power source. Nice! Just keep those legs spinning if you want to call your momma to tell her you're lost.
The Day One LTD has the same specifications as the Day One 20, with the addition of the dynamo front hub with powered lights, and rear pannier rack.
Frame and Forks
Frame: Genesis Seamless Double Butted Chromoly, Horizontal Dropout
Fork: Chromoly Rigid, QR Dropout
Front Derailleur: N/A
Rear Derailleur: N/A - Shimano Nexus 8-Speed Internally Geared Hub
Cassette: Shimano 20T Freewheel
Chain: KMC Single Speed
Crankset: Samox AF13 Alloy, 42T Ring, 165-170mm Arms (Size dependent)
Bottom Bracket: Prestine Sealed Threaded
Shifters: Microshift 8-Speed Bar End Shifter
Brakes: Promax DSK717 Mechanical Disc, 160mm Rotors
Brake Levers: Promax Alloy
Rims: Jalco Double Wall Alloy XCD22, 700c
Hubs: Shimano T4051 Alloy Front, Shimano Nexus C6001 8-Speed Geared Hub Rear
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Tyres: CST Sensamo Speed 700x35c, Reflective Strip
Handlebar: Genesis Alloy Compact Drop, 400-440mm Width (Size dependent)
Grips: Velo Gel/Cork Tape
Headset: Prestine 1-1/8"
Stem: Genesis Alloy 100mm
Seatpost: Genesis Alloy 27.2mm
Saddle: Genesis Road Comfort
Pedals: Alloy Platform
If you are unsure about sizing, we recommend test riding one of our in-stock bikes.
Model specific size guides can also be found on the manufacturer's website.
More from this brand
- Genesis Longitude 27.5-Inch 2019 Bike£899.99 £899.99RRP £1199.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Tour De Fer 10 2020 Bike£959.99 £959.99RRP £1199.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 10 2020 Bike£879.99 £879.99RRP £1099.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Tour De Fer 30 2020 Bike£1,439.99 £1439.99RRP £1799.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer Ti 2020 Bike£3,039.99 £3039.99RRP £3799.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Tour De Fer 20 2020 Bike£1,199.99 £1199.99RRP £1499.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer Ti 2019 Frameset£1,839.99 £1839.99RRP £2299.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer Ti 2019 Bike£2,599.99 £2599.99RRP £3699.99Save 30%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 20 2020 Bike£1,079.99 £1079.99RRP £1349.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 20 ALT 2020 Bike£1,079.99 £1079.99RRP £1349.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving