Giant Contend SL 2 Disc 2021 Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
Elevate your road riding experience with confidence and control. This versatile all-rounder is built on a lightweight aluminium frame and performance parts that can handle smooth roads, rough roads and everything in between.
- Balanced road geometry: Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
- Smooth ride quality: Innovative D-Fuse composite seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations, and a Giant WheelSystem lets you run tubeless tyres up to 32mm for a smoother ride quality and reduced risk of flats.
- Total control: Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles delivers more consistent braking power for better control in all types of weather and variable road conditions.
- ALUXX SL Aluminum Technology: This High-Performance level, state-of-the-art aluminum material is made predominantly from 6011 alloy and delivers best-in-class strength-to-weight ratios. These framesets also feature unique welding technologies for a high-performance ride quality.
- Compact Road Design: Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
- D-Fuse Technology: The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar were designed to function as a system, absorbing road shocks and vibrations so you can ride farther, faster.
- OverDrive: Giant's original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/4" lower and 1 1/8" upper for road, 1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
- Tubeless System: Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
- Frame: ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum, disc
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc
- Handlebar: Giant Connect
- Stem: Giant Sport
- Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse, composite
- Saddle: Giant Approach
- Pedals: Not included
- Shifters: Shimano Tiagra
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra GS
- Brakes: Shimano Tiagra hydraulic
- Brake Levers: Shimano Tiagra
- Cassette: Shimano Tiagra, 11x34
- Chain: KMC X10-1
- Crankset: Shimano Tiagra, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano, press fit
- Rims: Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Hubs: Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Spokes: Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Tyres: Giant S-R3 AC, 700x25c (28mm), folding
- Extras: tubeless prepared
More from this brand
- Giant Reign E+ 3 2022 Electric Bike£4,999.00
- Giant TCR Advanced SL Disc 2022 Frameset£2,599.00
- Giant TCR Advanced SL 2022 Frameset£2,549.00
- Giant TCX Advanced Pro 1 2022 Bike£3,799.00
- Giant Defy Advanced 2 2022 Bike£2,299.00
- Giant TCR Advanced 3 Disc 2022 Bike£2,099.00
- Giant Reign E+ 1 2022 Electric Bike£6,299.00