Giant Contend AR 3 2021 Bike
Giant started out building Chromoly frames in 1972 and have since pioneered the construction of Aluminium and Composite frames and components. Many of their high-end bikes have won championships and design awards, and with over 12,000 Giant dealers around the world, their long standing reputation clearly precedes them.
Expand your idea of road riding and unlock new possibilities with this versatile all-rounder. With its balanced, smooth riding frame and components, powerful disc brakes and high-volume tubeless tyres, Contend AR goes from fast pavement to bumpy backroads with confidence and control.
- Balanced road geometry: Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
- Smooth ride quality: Innovative D-Fuse seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations, and a Giant WheelSystem lets you run tubeless tyres up to 38mm for a smoother ride quality and reduced risk of flats.
- Total control: Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- ALUXX Aluminum Technology: This Performance level frame material features 6061 alloy with single-butted tubes to produce strong, lightweight framesets for a variety of different bikes and riding styles.
- Compact Road Design: Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
- D-Fuse Technology: The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar were designed to function as a system, absorbing road shocks and vibrations so you can ride farther, faster.
- OverDrive: Giant's original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/4" lower and 1 1/8" upper for road, 1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
- Tubeless System: Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
- Frame: ALUXX-Grade Aluminum, disc
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc
- Handlebar: Giant Connect
- Stem: Giant Sport
- Seatpost: Giant D-Fuse, alloy
- Saddle: Giant Approach
- Pedals: Not included
- Shifters: Shimano Sora
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora
- Brakes: Tektro MD-C550
- Brake Levers: Shimano Sora
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG50, 11x34
- Chain: KMC X9
- Crankset: Shimano Sora, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket: cartridge
- Rims: Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Hubs: Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Spokes: Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Tyres: Giant S-R3 AC, 700x32c
- Extras: tubeless prepared