Genesis Tour De Fer 10 2018 Bike
Genesis is a UK bike brand specialising in no-nonsense road, touring, urban and mountain bikes for adults and children. Ranging from great value models upto competition-ready racers and with the dire UK weather in mind, they are generally suited to mixed weather conditions and offer comfortable geometries.
The Tour De Fer is a serious touring bike for those with the mindset to pedal through counties and cross continents. With a reliable component list proven to be tour-worthy and happy to rack up super high mileage, it's about as fit for purpose as a touring bike can get.
The TDF 10 is the base model in the 2018 range, offering an all-round lighter duty package that still gives individuals with a strong sense of adventure and self enrichment the means to escape to wherever they please. Many great features can be found on the TDF 10 which remain throughout the range, including burly front and rear mudguards, a heavy duty rear pannier rack, multiple bottle cages and a wide range Shimano drivetrain / mechanical disc brake groupset.
The frameset is fabricated from Genesis' own seamless double butted Chromoly steel as opposed to Reynolds heat-treated 725, which helps the overall cost slightly without compromise on strength or durability.
So load up and get out there, see what's over those mountains. Consider returning some time in the near future... Maybe...
Frame and Forks
Frame: Genesis Seamless Double Butted Chromoly, Rack/Mudguard Eyelets, QR Dropout
Fork: Full Chromoly, Mudguard/Rack Eyelets, QR Dropout
Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora Triple
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora 9-Speed
Cassette: Shimano HG300 9-Speed, 11-32T
Chain: KMC X9
Crankset: Shimano R453, 50-39-30T, 165-175mm Arms (Size Dependent)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Sealed Threaded
Shifters: Shimano Sora 3x9-Speed
Brakes: Promax DSK 717 Mechanical Disc, 160mm Rotors
Brake Levers: Shimano Sora
Rims: Jalco DD24 Double Wall Alloy 700c
Hubs: KT Alloy, QR Axles, Looseball Bearings
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon Mondial, 700x35c
Handlebar: Genesis X-Race Pro, 16 Deg Flare, 400-440mm Width (Size dependent)
Grips: Velo Gel/Cork Tape
Headset: Prestine 1-1/8"
Stem: Genesis Alloy, 100mm
Seatpost: Genesis Alloy, 27.2mm Diameter
Saddle: Genesis Road Comfort
Pedals: Alloy Platform w/ Toe Strap
If you are unsure about sizing, we recommend test riding one of our in-stock bikes.
Model specific size guides can also be found on the manufacturer's website.
More from this brand
- Genesis Fugio 20 2020 Bike£1,999.99 £1999.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 10 Flat Bar 2020 Bike£799.99 From £799.99Save up to 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Vagabond 2020 Bike£999.99 £999.99RRP £1299.99Save 23%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Day One 10 2019 Bike£562.49 £562.49RRP £749.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Day One 20 2019 Bike£749.99 £749.99RRP £999.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Equilibrium 725 2020 Frameset£449.99 £449.99RRP £549.99Save 18%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Vagabond 2020 Frameset£349.99 £349.99RRP £449.99Save 22%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 20 2019 Bike£1,349.99 £1349.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Longitude 27.5-Inch 2019 Bike£899.99 £899.99RRP £1199.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving