Genesis Flyer Single Speed 2018 Bike
Genesis is a UK bike brand specialising in no-nonsense road, touring, urban and mountain bikes for adults and children. Ranging from great value models upto competition-ready racers and with the dire UK weather in mind, they are generally suited to mixed weather conditions and offer comfortable geometries.
The single speed Genesis Flyer at first glance seems so frightfully simple, but it has been thoroughly considered in all aspects to give you the best experience out on the road, and it can be adapted and tweaked in several ways to make it just how you like it.
With a full Chromoly double-butted frame and Carbon bladed fork, you have a comfortable and forgiving chassis straight off the block. The balanced 42/17 gearing provides a good top speed as well as the ability to tackle considerable climbs. You also have the option to use a freewheel or fixed cog which are both provided. Reverse dropouts make rear wheel removal super easy, and the full length mudguards protect you from the elements and other grot from the tarmac.
The bigger than average 28c tyres allow for confident missions in the wet and add a little more cushion when faced with dire UK potholes, and the overall relaxed geometry and shallow drop bars mean a less aggressive seated position which will prove to be much more comfortable over distance.
Overall it's very low maintenance and leaves very little to potentially malfunction when away from home. A foolproof winter bike that isn't short on performance.
Frame and Forks
Frame: Genesis Seamless Double Butted Chromoly, Reverse 10mm Dropout
Fork: Genesis Carbon Road, 1-1/8" Alloy Steerer, 10mm Dropout
Front Derailleur: N/A
Rear Derailleur: N/A
Cassette: 17T Freewheel / 17T Fixed Cog Options
Chain: KMC X1
Crankset: Samox AF19 Alloy, 42T Ring, 165-170mm Arms (Size dependent)
Bottom Bracket: Prestine Threaded Sealed
Brakes: Promax Alloy Rim Caliper F+R
Brake Levers: Promax Alloy Lever L+R
Rims: Jalco DRX20 Alloy Double Wall, 700c
Hubs: KT Alloy F+R, Looseball Bearings, 10mm Axles
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Tyres: Clement Strada LGG, 700x28c
Handlebar: Genesis Alloy Drop, 125mm Drop, 70mm Reach, 400-440mm Width (Size dependent)
Grips: Velo Gel Tape
Headset: Prestine 1-1/8"
Stem: Genesis Alloy, 90-110mm (Size dependent)
Seatpost: Genesis Alloy 27.2mm
Saddle: Genesis Road Comfort
Pedals: Alloy Platform with Toe Strap
If you are unsure about sizing, we recommend test riding one of our in-stock bikes.
Model specific size guides can also be found on the manufacturer's website.
More from this brand
- Genesis iO ID Alfine 8 2012 Bike£599.99 £599.99RRP £1319.99Save 55%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Volant 00 2013 Bike£359.99 £359.99RRP £649.99Save 45%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Core 20 27.5-Inch 2016 Bike£399.99 £399.99RRP £699.99Save 43%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Zero Disc ZDi 2018 Bike£2,999.99 £2999.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Zero Disc ZD3 2018 Bike£2,599.99 £2599.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Zero Disc ZD2 2018 Bike£2,199.99 £2199.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Zero Disc ZD1 2018 Bike£1,999.99 £1999.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Zero Z3 2018 Bike£1,999.99 £1999.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Zero Z2 2018 Bike£1,699.99 £1699.99Recalculating RRP saving