Saracen Hack in Black 2018 Bike
The new 2018 Hack is difficult to categorise. It sits somewhere between endurance road, cyclocross and adventure. You can apply it to everyday commuting, slap some panniers on and disappear for the weekend, climb the scoreboard with some PB's on Strava, or just meet up with mates in the woods to rip up some singletrack.
The Hack in Black has the best specifications in the 2018 range and it's fitted with plenty of enticing kit. Built around a custom butted hydroformed 6061 Alloy frame along with a full unidirectional Carbon fork for excellent tracking control and vibration management. 12mm thru-axles also add security and increase cornering compliance.
It doesn't care if it's shredded on the tarmac, hardpack, gravel or soil - the chunky 32c WTB CX tyres and flatmount hydraulic disc brakes allow you to negotiate all sorts of scenarios in variable weather, while the 2x11 Shimano 105 drivetrain provides ample range to get up and over trail obstacles and smash steep inclines.
Frame and Forks
Frame: Series II Custom Butted Hydroformed 6061 Alloy, Guard/Rack Eyelets, Thru Axle Dropout
Fork: Full UD Carbon, Guard Eyelets, Thru Axle Dropout
Rear Shock: N/A
Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 Double
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 11-Speed
Cassette: Shimano 105 11-Speed, 11-28T
Chain: KMC X11 EL
Crankset: Shimano RS10 Alloy, 50-34T Rings, 170-175mm Arms (Size dependent)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB4600 Sealed
Shifters: Shimano 105 2x11-Speed
Brakes: Shimano RS505 Flatmount Hydraulic Disc, 160mm Rotors
Brake Levers: Shimano 105 Mechanical/Hydraulic
Rims: DT Swiss Spline E1800 Disc Alloy, 23mm Width, 700c
Hubs: DT Swiss, Sealed Bearing, Thru Axles
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Tyres: WTB Exposure, Tubeless Ready, Distance Compound, 700x32c
Handlebar: Saracen 6061 Double Butted Alloy Drop, 420-440mm Width (Size dependent) 128mm Drop, 77mm Reach
Grips: Saracen Gel Suede Tape
Headset: FSA Sealed
Stem: Saracen 3D forged 6061 Alloy, 90-110mm (Size dependent)
Seatpost: 3D forged 6061 Alloy, 30.9mm Diameter
Saddle: Saracen Custom Road
Pedals: Steel Cage/Resin Body, Toe Straps
If you are unsure about sizing, we recommend test riding one of our in-stock bikes.
Model specific size guides can also be found on the manufacturer's website.
More from this brand
- Saracen Ariel LT 27.5-Inch 2020 Bike£4,999.99 £4999.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Saracen Ariel Elite 27.5-Inch 2020 Bike£3,299.99 £3299.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Saracen Mantra 1.6 16-inch 2018 Kids Bike£199.99 £199.99RRP £269.99Save 26%Recalculating RRP saving
- Saracen Mantra LSL Trail 27.5-Inch 2020 Bike£824.99 £824.99RRP £1099.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving
- Saracen Amplitude CR3 2020 Bike£759.99 £759.99RRP £949.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Saracen Levarg Flat Bar 2019 Bike£719.99 £719.99RRP £899.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Saracen Levarg 2020 Bike£879.99 £879.99RRP £1099.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Saracen Levarg SL 2020 Bike£1,012.49 £1012.49RRP £1349.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving