Raleigh Mustang Comp 2019 Bike
Raleigh is arguably one of the most recognised bicycle companies in the world. Dating back to its UK inception the late 1800's and producing childhood dream bikes such as the Chopper and Burner, they have a rich history and have played a major part in the world of cycling. Their current models have a certain nostalgic aura about them and they are of excellent value and quality.
The Raleigh Mustang is free to roam the paths less traveled at whatever pace it may fancy. Designed for the real-world cyclist with an agenda and a taste for adventure.
The frame is high quality butted alloy which remains stiff and compliant under high stress and rigorous riding. The accompanying carbon fork and seatpost help absorb vibration for a more comfortable overall ride, and with 12mm/15mm thru axles on the Comp model, the chassis is even stiffer than its QR equivalent. Wider than average rims accommodate high volume 36c gravel tyres that will make short work of backroads, singletrack trails and rutty towpaths, but will also fly on smoother surfaces. The 1x11 SRAM Apex 1 complete groupset with hydro brakes controls the bike exactly as you wish under any weather condition, alongside a slack overall geometry designed to negotiate obstacles as well as climb effectively.
The Comp is the top model in the Raleigh Mustang range. The mid-range Elite and entry-level Comp Feature a SRAM Apex drivetrain with Tektro Cable brakes, and a Shimano Claris drivetrain with Promax cable brakes and QR wheels respectively.
Frame and Forks
Frame: 6061 butted alloy, tapered headtube, Gravel geometry, 12mm axle
Fork: Gravel specific carbon fork with tapered alloy steerer, 15mm axle
Front Derailleur: N/A
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Apex 1 11-Speed
Cassette: Sunrace 11-42T, 11-speed
Chain: KMC X11
Crankset: XLC 1x11, 40T ring, 175mm arms
Bottom Bracket: BSA External
Shifters: SRAM Apex 1, 11-speed
Brakes: SRAM Apex 1 Hydraulic Disc, 160mm rotors
Brake Levers: SRAM Apex 1 Hydraulic
Rims: Strada 700c, Tubeless compatible, Disc only
Hubs: XLC Alloy 32H, 6 bolt disc, 12x142 / 15x100mm Thru-axles
Tyres: Clement X'plor 700x36c, Tubeless compatible
Handlebar: XLC Mustang alloy, 440mm wide
Headset: FSA Orbit C40 Integrated
Grips: Tacky gel tape
Stem: XLC 90mm alloy
Seatpost: XLC 27.2mm Carbon
Saddle: Raleigh C1
Pedals: Caged type
If you are unsure about sizing, we recommend test riding one of our in-stock bikes.
Model specific size guides can also be found on the manufacturer's website.
More from this brand
- Raleigh Sherwood 700c 2018 Womens Bike£244.20 £244.20RRP £330.00Save 26%Recalculating RRP saving
- Raleigh Motus Tour Low Step 2020 Electric Bike£2,050.00 £2050.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Raleigh Array Crossbar 2020 Electric Bike£1,275.00 £1275.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Raleigh Sherwood 2019 Womens Bike£273.80 £273.80RRP £370.00Save 26%Recalculating RRP saving
- Raleigh Motus Tour Crossbar 2020 Electric Bike£2,050.00 £2050.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Raleigh Performance 26-Inch 2019 Kids Bike£251.60 £251.60RRP £340.00Save 26%Recalculating RRP saving
- Raleigh Performance 24-Inch 2019 Kids Bike£244.20 £244.20RRP £330.00Save 26%Recalculating RRP saving
- Raleigh Performance 20-Inch 2019 Kids Bike£222.00 £222.00RRP £300.00Save 26%Recalculating RRP saving
- Raleigh Performance 16-Inch 2019 Kids Bike£185.00 £185.00RRP £250.00Save 26%Recalculating RRP saving