Marin Nicasio Ridge 2020 Bike
Marin County California is regarded as the birthplace of mountain biking. With niche communities back then shaping what it is today, and with Marin Bikes' inception coming shortly after, the company has deep roots in the sport and now offers many styles of bikes to suit off-roaders and commuters alike.
The Nicasio is for the rider looking for something different and modern, yet with traditional steel construction. Classic lines and CrMo frame tubes have the soul of a classic bike, with the geometry and 700C x 30mm-40mm or 650B x 47mm tires to let riders handle any surface.
BEYOND ROAD GEOMETRY
Beyond Road Geometry offers a blend of endurance road handling with enhanced stability for off pavement use.
STEEL FRAME CONSTRUCTION
The Nicasio uses a Series 2 or Series 1 butted 4130 CrMo frame with disc brakes, full fender and rack mounts, and two to three bottle bosses.
Disc brakes provide smooth, controlled stopping in all conditions with minimal maintenance.
The Nicasio frame and fork has clearance for up to 700C x 35mm or 650B x 47mm tires.
- Frame: Series 2 CrMo, Beyond Road Geometry, Thru-Axle, Disc Brake, Integrated Headset, Fender and Rack Mounts
- Fork: Marin Full Carbon w/ Taper Steerer, 12mm Thru-Axle, Flat-Mount Disc, Fender Eyelets
- Rim: WTB KOM i25, 25mm Inner, Tubeless Compatible
- Hub Rear: Forged Aluminum Alloy, 142x12mm, Alloy Axle, Quad Cartridge Sealed Bearings, SRAM XD Driver, 6-Bolt Disc, 32H
- Hub Front: Forged Aluminum Alloy, 100x15mm, 6-Bolt Disc, 32H
- Spokes: 14g Black Stainless Steel
- Tires: WTB Byway, 650Bx47, Folding Bead, Tubeless Compatible
- Derailleur Rear: SRAM Rival 1
- Derailleur Front: n/a
- Shift Lever: SRAM Rival 1x11 Speed, Left Side Modified For Dropper Post Lever
- Crankset: FSA Gossamer Pro, 1x11 Megatooth, 42T Chainring, BB392EVO Alloy Spindle
- Bottom Bracket: FSA BB-EVO7000, BSA Threaded
- Chain: KMC X11
- Cassette: e*thirteen TRS 11-Speed, 9-44T
- Brakes Front: SRAM Rival Hydraulic
- Brakes Rear: SRAM Rival Hydraulic
- Brake Levers: SRAM Rival Hydraulic
- Handlebar: Marin Butted Alloy, Compact 12º Flared Drop
- Stem: Marin 3D Forged Alloy
- Grips: Marin Shock Absorbing Perforated Tape
- Headset: FSA Orbit IS, Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 1 1/8" x 1 1/2"
- Seatpost: TranzX YSP11 Dropper Post, 105mm Travel, 27.2mm
- Saddle: Marin Beyond Road Concept
- Pedals: Commute Platform
- Extras: Bolt-on Thru-Axles F&R