Marin Nicasio+ 2021 Bike
Marin County California is regarded as the birthplace of mountain biking. With niche communities back then shaping what it is today, and with Marin Bikes' inception coming shortly after, the company has deep roots in the sport and now offers many styles of bikes to suit off-roaders and commuters alike.
The Nicasio is for the rider looking for something different and modern, yet with traditional steel construction. Classic lines and CrMo frame tubes have the soul of a classic bike, with the geometry and 700C x 30mm-40mm or 650B x 47mm tires to let riders handle any surface.
BEYOND ROAD GEOMETRY
Beyond Road Geometry offers a blend of endurance road handling with enhanced stability for off pavement use.
STEEL FRAME CONSTRUCTION
The Nicasio uses a Series 2 or Series 1 butted 4130 CrMo frame with disc brakes, full fender and rack mounts, and two to three bottle bosses.
Disc brakes provide smooth, controlled stopping in all conditions with minimal maintenance.
The Nicasio frame and fork has clearance for up to 700C x 35mm or 650B x 47mm tires.
- Frame: Series 1 Double Butted CrMo Beyond Road, 700C Wheels, Beyond Road Geometry, Fender and Rack Mounts, Disc Mount
- Fork: CrMo, Fender and Rack Eyelets, IS Disc Mount
- Rim: Marin Aluminum Double Wall, 25mm Inner, Disc Specific
- Hub Rear: Forged Aluminum Alloy, 6-Bolt Disc, 32H
- Hub Front: Forged Aluminum Alloy, 6-Bolt Disc, 32H
- Spokes: 14g Black Stainless Steel
- Tires: WTB Horizon, 650Bx47mm
- Derailleur Rear: MicroSHIFT Advent, 1x9 w/ Clutch Mech
- Derailleur Front: n/a
- Shift Lever: MicroSHIFT Advent, 1x9 Specific
- Crankset: FSA Tempo Compact, Narrow-Wide, 42T
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge Bearings, Square Taper
- Chain: KMC X9
- Cassette: SunRace 9-Speed, 11-46T
- Brakes Front: Tektro Road Mechanical Disc, 160mm Rotor
- Brakes Rear: Tektro Road Mechanical Disc, 160mm Rotor
- Brake Levers: MicroSHIFT Advent
- Handlebar: Marin Butted Alloy, Compact 12º Flared Drop
- Stem: Marin 3D Forged Alloy
- Grips: Marin Comfort Tape
- Headset: FSA No.8D, Sealed Cartridge Bearings
- Seatpost: Marin Alloy, 27.2mm
- Saddle: Marin Beyond Road Concept
- Pedals: Commute Platform