Marin Four Corners 2019 Bike
Marin County California is regarded as the birthplace of mountain biking. With niche communities back then shaping what it is today, and with Marin Bikes' inception coming shortly after, the company has deep roots in the sport and now offers many styles of bikes to suit off-roaders and commuters alike.
The Marin Four Corners is an epic steel workhorse that you can use for pretty much anything - Commuting, touring, group sportives, you can even get bodacious on some gravel singletrack. It's got a wide 27-speed 9x3 drivetrain to tackle all grades and long distances, plus low-maintenance cable disc brakes and fat cyclocross tyres for reassuring control on mixed terrain.
Although the chromoly steel frame and fork comes with a slight weight penalty and isn't for everybody due to how it handles, its softness and flexibility helps to reduce vibration and retain comfort over long distances in the saddle. Plus there's nothing quite like the subtle bend of a chainstay when you're railing a corner in the woods - the kind that makes the tyre buzz the frame. Then there's the spring-back - learn to expect and control this trait associated with chromoly tubing and you will become a steel wielding wizard with admirable finesse.
Also please be aware that the smaller sizes use a 650c sized wheel in order to stay proportionate to the frame, The larger sizes use a traditional 700c wheel.
Frame and Forks
Frame: Utilitour Double Butted Chromoly, Size-Specific Wheels, Fender + Rack Mounts
Fork: Chomoly Steel, Fender + Rack Mount
Front Derailleur: Shimano Sora Triple
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora 9-speed
Cassette: Shimano HG300 9-speed, 11-32T
Chain: KMC X9
Crankset: Shimano Sora Hollowtech II, 50/39/30T
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Hollowtech II
Shifters: Shimano Sora 3x9-speed
Brakes: Promax Mechanical Disc, 160mm Rotor
Brake Levers: Shimano Sora
Rims: 650c/700c Marin Double Wall Alloy, 32H, Disc Brake Only
Hubs: Alloy QR, 6-Bolt Disc Mount, 32H
Tyres: WTB Resolute, 650/700x42c, Puncture Protect
Handlebar: Marin Compact Alloy, Flared Drop
Headset: FSA No.8, Sealed
Grips: Marin Tape with Gel
Stem: Marin Forged Alloy
Seatpost: Marin Forged Alloy
Saddle: WTB Volt Sport
Pedals: Trekking Platform
If you are unsure about sizing, we recommend test riding one of our in-stock bikes.
Model specific size guides can also be found on the manufacturer's website.
More from this brand
- Marin San Rafael DS3 700c 2018 Bike£349.99 £349.99RRP £600.00Save 42%Recalculating RRP saving
- Marin San Anselmo DS1 700c 2019 Womens Bike£400.00 £400.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Marin Nail Trail 6 27.5-Inch 2017 Bike£700.00 £700.00RRP £1100.00Save 36%Recalculating RRP saving
- Marin Muirwoods 29er 2019 Bike£550.00 £550.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Marin Hidden Canyon 20-Inch 2019 Kids Bike£325.00 £325.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Marin Bayview Trail 24-Inch 2019 Kids Bike£375.00 £375.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Marin San Quentin 1 27.5-inch 2019 Bike£650.00 £650.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Marin Kentfield CS1 700c 2019 Womens Bike£375.00 £375.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Marin San Quentin 3 27.5-inch 2019 Bike£1,450.00 £1450.00Recalculating RRP saving