Genesis Fugio 2018 Bike
Genesis is a UK bike brand specialising in no-nonsense road, touring, urban and mountain bikes for adults and children. Ranging from great value models upto competition-ready racers and with the dire UK weather in mind, they are generally suited to mixed weather conditions and offer comfortable geometries.
As the fairly new 'Road Plus' wheel standard creeps its way into the fray, Genesis picked up on the potential and swiftly but carefully materialised their own Road Plus bike - the Fugio 2018.
Accommodating a smaller wheel diameter and larger tyre volume than previous Fugio framesets and other traditional road bikes, it's donning massive 650x50c tyres (27.5x2.0") on 650b thru-axle wheels for incredible traction and excellent cornering control on mixed terrain. The road geometry frame and drop bars make it very good at long distance, and it doesn't mind holding a rear pannier rack for a weekend of camping either. Hydraulic braking keeps everything in check even with additional luggage weight, and the benchmark 11-speed Shimano 105 drivetrain is highly efficient and consistent in all weather.
You'll also be thankful for the ultra-strong yet springy double butted Chromoly steel frame, and the Carbon bladed fork which manages vibration on particularly bad terrain to reduce arm fatigue, and the gel tape and medium saddle also aid prolonged comfort.
The Fugio stands in a league of its own for 2018. If you're a keen adventurer or you just want an efficient trainer/commuter you can get super radical on in your own time, the Fugio knows not the meaning of apprehension and will serve you well all year round.
Frame and Forks
Frame: Genesis Mjolnir Seamless Double Butted Crmo, Thru-Axle
Fork: Carbon Road Plus, Tapered Alloy Steerer, Thru-Axle
Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 Double
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 11-Speed
Cassette: Shimano 5800 11-Speed, 11-32T
Chain: KMC X11
Crankset: Shimano 105 170mm Arms, 50-34T Rings
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Threaded Sealed
Shifters: Shimano 105 2x11-Speed
Brakes: Shimano RS505 Flat Mount Hydraulic Disc, 160mm Rotors
Brake Levers: Shimano 105 Hydraulic/Mechanical
Rims: Jalco XM420 Double Wall Alloy
Hubs: Formula, Sealed Bearing, Thru-Axles
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Tyres: Clement Xplor MSO, 650x50c, 60TPI
Handlebar: Genesis X-Race Pro Alloy, 16 Deg Flare, 400-440mm (Size dependent)
Grips: Genesis/Velo Gel Tape
Headset: Prestine Tapered Sealed
Stem: Genesis AS007 Alloy, 100mm
Seatpost: Genesis Alloy, 27.2x400mm
Saddle: Genesis Road Comfort
If you are unsure about sizing, we recommend test riding one of our in-stock bikes.
Model specific size guides can also be found on the manufacturer's website.
More from this brand
- Genesis Fugio 20 2020 Bike£1,999.99 £1999.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 10 Flat Bar 2020 Bike£799.99 From £799.99Save up to 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Vagabond 2020 Bike£999.99 £999.99RRP £1299.99Save 23%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Day One 10 2019 Bike£562.49 £562.49RRP £749.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Day One 20 2019 Bike£749.99 £749.99RRP £999.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Equilibrium 725 2020 Frameset£449.99 £449.99RRP £549.99Save 18%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Vagabond 2020 Frameset£349.99 £349.99RRP £449.99Save 22%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 20 2019 Bike£1,349.99 £1349.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Longitude 27.5-Inch 2019 Bike£899.99 £899.99RRP £1199.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving