Genesis Equilibrium Disc 10 2018 Bike
Genesis is a UK bike brand specialising in no-nonsense road, touring, urban and mountain bikes for adults and children. Ranging from great value models upto competition-ready racers and with the dire UK weather in mind, they are generally suited to mixed weather conditions and offer comfortable geometries.
The Genesis Equilibrium revolves around one major aspect - balance. Built with 100% Chromoly tubing linked up with a Carbon fork, offering a semi-compact geometry and a not-too-aggressive riding position to rack up the miles with ease and comfort.
The Equilibrium Disc 10 is the base model for the 2018 Equilibrium range, using a high grade seamless double-butted Chromoly frame alongside a full Carbon fork and 12mm thru-axle sealed wheels for a super compliant and dampened feel under all circumstances. Equipped with 10-speed Shimano Tiagra gearing and TRP Spyre mechanical brakes for lightning fast response and consistent operation. Additionally the tyres are a larger than average 28c for reliable grip and to further reduce road feedback.
A classic look with all-modern features, and can be used for various types of road application. The Equilibrium Disc is also available with 105 11-speed, and furthermore with rim brakes as Tiagra or 105 spec.
Frame and Forks
Frame: Genesis Seamless Double Butted Chromoly, 12mm Thru Axle
Fork: Carbon Road, Tapered Steerer, 12mm Thru-Axle
Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra Double
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra 10-Speed
Cassette: Shimano HG500 10-Speed, 11-28T
Chain: KMC X10
Crankset: Shimano Tiagra, 52-36T Rings, 170-175mm Arms (Size depdendent)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Sealed Threaded
Shifters: Shimano Tiagra 2x10-Speed
Brakes: TRP Spyre Mechanical Disc, 160mm Rotors
Brake Levers: Shimano Tiagra
Rims: Genesis SR220 Alloy 700c
Hubs: Formule RX812/RX300, Sealed Bearings, 12mm Thru-Axles
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Tyres: Clement Strada LGG, 700x28c
Handlebar: Genesis Alloy, 125mm Drop, 400-440mm (Size dependent)
Grips: Velo Cork/Gel Tape
Headset: Prestine Tapered
Stem: Genesis Code 7 Alloy, 90-110mm (Size dependent)
Seatpost: Genesis Alloy, 27.2mm
Saddle: Genesis Road Comfort
If you are unsure about sizing, we recommend test riding one of our in-stock bikes.
Model specific size guides can also be found on the manufacturer's website.
More from this brand
- Genesis Croix De Fer 10 2018 Bike£599.99 £599.99RRP £999.99Save 40%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Vagabond 2019 Frameset£349.99 £349.99RRP £449.99Save 22%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 20 2019 Bike£1,349.99 £1349.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 20 2018 Bike£749.99 £749.99RRP £1299.99Save 42%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Equilibrium 2020 Bike£999.99 £999.99RRP £1399.99Save 29%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Tour De Fer 20 2018 Bike£1,199.99 £1199.99RRP £1499.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Vagabond 29er 2019 Bike£879.99 £879.99RRP £1099.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Fugio 20 2019 Bike£1,099.99 £1099.99RRP £1549.99Save 29%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Tour De Fer 10 2018 Bike£959.99 £959.99RRP £1199.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving