Genesis Datum 10 2018 Bike
Genesis is a UK bike brand specialising in no-nonsense road, touring, urban and mountain bikes for adults and children. Ranging from great value models upto competition-ready racers and with the dire UK weather in mind, they are generally suited to mixed weather conditions and offer comfortable geometries.
The Datum is part of Genesis' Adventure range, offering a smooth, relaxed and highly efficient ride on or off-road, with the benefit of robust assets such as high volume tyres, stiff 15mm thru-axles and hydraulic disc brakes to get you through the less-savoury sections of the Great British countryside.
With a 24/30T Modulus Carbon frameset used throughout the range, the Datum is super light and highly compliant on both straights and sharp corners, with a forgiving level of vibration absorption. The Datum 10 is the base model in the range, offering a Shimano Tiagra 2x10-speed mechanical drivetrain and matching spec. hydraulic disc brakes for all-round crisp and unwavering performance. Rolling on some capable Formula hubs with Jalco Alloy rims, and finished up with an Alloy cockpit and seatpost to keep the overall weight low and to also keep the pricetag as reasonable as possible (also leaving room for future upgrades)
The Datum has 3 other models for 2018 including a women's geometry mid-range model to accommodate riders with varying levels of enthusiasm and allowance.
Frame and Forks
Frame: 30T/40T Modulus Carbon, Disc Brake Only, Internal Routing, 15mm Axle
Fork: Genesis Carbon, Disc Brake Only, Tapered Steerer, 15mm Axle
Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra Double
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra 10-Speed
Cassette: Shimano HG500 10-Speed, 11-32T
Chain: KMC X10
Crankset: Shimano Tiagra, 170mm Arms, 50-34T Rings
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Press Fit
Shifters: Shimano Tiagra 2x10-Speed
Brakes: Shimano RS405 Flat Mount Hydraulic Disc, 160mm Rotors
Brake Levers: Shimano Tiagra Hydraulic/Mechanical
Rims: Jalco XCD22 Double Wall Alloy
Hubs: Formula, Sealed Bearing, 15mm Axles
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Tyres: Clement Strada USH, 700x32c
Handlebar: Genesis X-Race Pro Alloy, 16 Deg Flare, 400-440mm (Size dependent)
Grips: Genesis/Velo Gel Tape
Headset: FSA Orbit Tapered
Stem: Genesis Code Alloy, 90-110mm (Frame size dependent)
Seatpost: Genesis Alloy, 27.2x350mm
Saddle: Genesis Road Comfort
If you are unsure about sizing, we recommend test riding one of our in-stock bikes.
Model specific size guides can also be found on the manufacturer's website.
More from this brand
- Genesis Fugio 20 2020 Bike£1,999.99 £1999.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 10 Flat Bar 2020 Bike£999.99 £999.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Vagabond 2020 Bike£1,299.99 £1299.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Day One 10 2019 Bike£562.49 £562.49RRP £749.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Day One 20 2019 Bike£749.99 £749.99RRP £999.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Equilibrium 725 2020 Frameset£549.99 £549.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Vagabond 2020 Frameset£449.99 £449.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 20 2019 Bike£1,349.99 £1349.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Longitude 27.5-Inch 2019 Bike£899.99 £899.99RRP £1199.99Save 25%Recalculating RRP saving