Genesis Croix De Fer Ti 2018 Bike
Genesis is a UK bike brand specialising in no-nonsense road, touring, urban and mountain bikes for adults and children. Ranging from great value models upto competition-ready racers and with the dire UK weather in mind, they are generally suited to mixed weather conditions and offer comfortable geometries.
It had to happen. One of the most versatile and recognised multi-terrain adventure bikes in the business, knighted with a 100% Grade 9 double butted Titanium frame.
Firstly, the complete bike is ridiculously light with the accompanying full Carbon fork. Clocking in at under 22lbs it's lighter than most 20" BMX bikes. Now that's out of the way, check the details.
Each tube profile has been considered to deliver the best performance without losing the general comfort you would experience on the Steel version. A tapered 28.6-35mm oval toptube and swaged 27.2mm seattube are relatively forgiving to the rider over long distances with regards to vibration feedback, while the 44mm wide trapezoid downtube, gnarly S-bend MTB-style chainstays, swanky tapered headtube and flared 34.9mm lower seattube make the core of the bike incredibly stiff and efficient in terms of power transfer.
It's fitted with a very capable 2x11-speed Shimano 105 drivetrain and RS785 hydraulic brake system for unflinching all-round performance, and the Alloy QR Shimano/Jalco rims may be understated but they are economical and very reliable regardless.
Substance often prevails over style with Genesis (even though they're darn stylish anyway) so they've kept the mudguard and pannier rack eyelets as well as bottle cage mounts so it can be adapted for practically anything. Road race, cyclocross, touring, commuting, or just pratting about with your crew.
All in all a superlative multidisciplinary bike with incredible longevity.
Frame and Forks
Frame: 3AL 2.5V (Grade 9) Double Butted Titanium, Disc Brake Only, Di2 Compatible, QR Dropout
Fork: Genesis Full Carbon, Tapered Steerer, Disc Brake Only, QR Dropout
Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 Double
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 11-Speed
Cassette: Shimano 105 11-Speed, 11-32T
Chain: KMC X11
Crankset: Shimano 105, 50-34T Rings, 165-175mm Arms (Size dependent)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Threaded Sealed
Shifters: Shimano 105 2x11-Speed
Brakes: Shimano RS785 Hydraulic Disc, 160mm Rotors
Brake Levers: Shimano RS785 Hydraulic
Rims: Jalco SR240-D Alloy 700c
Hubs: Shimano RS505 F+R, Precision Cup/Cone Bearings, QR Axles
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Tyres: Clement Xplor USH Tubeless, 700x35c
Handlebar: Genesis X-Race Pro, 16 Deg Flare, 400-440mm Width (Size dependent)
Grips: Velo Cork/Vex-Gel
Headset: Prestine Tapered Sealed
Stem: Genesis Alloy, 100mm, +/-7 Deg
Seatpost: Genesis Alloy 27.2mm
Saddle: Genesis Road Comfort
If you are unsure about sizing, we recommend test riding one of our in-stock bikes.
Model specific size guides can also be found on the manufacturer's website.
More from this brand
- Genesis Croix De Fer 10 2018 Bike£599.99 £599.99RRP £999.99Save 40%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Vagabond 2019 Frameset£349.99 £349.99RRP £449.99Save 22%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 20 2019 Bike£1,349.99 £1349.99Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Croix De Fer 20 2018 Bike£749.99 £749.99RRP £1299.99Save 42%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Equilibrium 2020 Bike£999.99 £999.99RRP £1399.99Save 29%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Tour De Fer 20 2018 Bike£1,199.99 £1199.99RRP £1499.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Vagabond 29er 2019 Bike£879.99 £879.99RRP £1099.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Fugio 20 2019 Bike£1,099.99 £1099.99RRP £1549.99Save 29%Recalculating RRP saving
- Genesis Tour De Fer 10 2018 Bike£959.99 £959.99RRP £1199.99Save 20%Recalculating RRP saving