Genesis Croix De Fer 20 Flat Bar 2021 Bike
Genesis is a UK bike brand specialising in no-nonsense road, touring, urban and mountain bikes for adults and children. Ranging from great value models upto competition-ready racers and with the dire UK weather in mind, they are generally suited to mixed weather conditions and offer comfortable geometries.
Like a regular Croix de Fer, but with a flat bar. Whether you want a more manoeuvrable bike, a more upright position or just never get in the drops, our Croix de Fer flat bar is ready and waiting.
Built from our Mjölnir Chromoly steel tubing it features all the hallmarks of our original go anywhere bike.
We have however made a few additions to improve to the Croix de Fer's versatility.
Major updates to the cornerstone of our range include the ability to run 42mm tyres on the provided 700c rims, or 47mm tyres on a 650b wheelset.
Standard QR dropouts mean your 9mm wheelsets can keep turning for another few years - and the practicalities don't end there.
The drivetrain has been upgraded to Shimano's excellent GRX, featuring a 46-30 Tooth double chainset, an 11-34 Tooth cassette and RX400 derailleurs for reliable, smooth shifting, while the stopping is handled by Shimano's MT200 hydraulic disc brakes.
Tubeless ready rims and tyres, flat mount disc brakes, a third bottle mount, rack and guard mounts and fixings for Anything Cages on the forks complete the package.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Steel Crossbar Design
- Forks: Chromoly Disc Fork With Anything Cage Mounts
- Headset: PT-1606 EC34 Upper / EC34 Lower
- Chainset: Shimano GRX FC-RX600 46-30 Tooth X-Small = 165mm, Small, Medium = 170mm, Large, X-Large = 175mm
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-RS500
- Front Derailleur: Shimano GRX FD-RX400
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano GRX RD-RX400 10 Speed
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG500-10 11-34 Tooth
- Chain: KMC X10
Braking / Shifting
- Brake Levers: Shimano BL-MT200 Hydraulic
- Brakes: Shimano BR-MT200 Hydraulic Disc
- Shifters: Shimano Tiagra SL-4700 10 Speed
- Rims: Jalco XCD23
- Hubs: KT-K68 / 6 Bolt
- Spokes: Steel 14G
- Tyres: WTB Nano 700 x 40c
- Handlebars: Genesis Alloy 9 Deg Backsweep X-Small = 640mm, Small, Medium = 660mm, Large, X-Large = 680mm
- Grips: Genesis
- Stem: Genesis Alloy 31.8mm -6 Deg 100mm
- Seatpost: Genesis Alloy 27.2 x 350mm
- Pedals: NW-91K With Cage